Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: EP45-UD3P Stuttering problem - Help!

Default Re: EP45-UD3P Stuttering problem - Help!

Ok I will try the Write Cache version for now and see what happens. I will order the optical today and get all that going in the next day or two. I'll install the driver later tonight and get back to you.

Again, THANK YOU for all your help with this. I'm normally very good at figuring this stuff out on my own, but there was too many weird things going on this time around for me to get a handle on it, lol.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Anytime, I'm here to help when I can!

Good luck with the driver install and testing. If you are unsure about drive selection I find Asus DVD drives (Gigabyte did not hear that, I hope ) to work very well and quiet

Of course, pick what you like I was just offering my thoughts on it all.

Ok installed the new driver this morning and so no luck in fixing that pulsing HD access. The system seems to be acting more or less the same as before I installed his new driver you suggested, so not sure what's going on. I do know that if I disable this driver and the RAID driver that apparently runs my PCI IDE card, that the pulsing stops, but I then also lose the use of all those drives, lol.

Ah well. I ordered a new DVD optical drive yesterday, so I should get that tomorrow. I'll worry about it more tomorrow when I swap all that out.

Another member corrected this very same issue using the latest drivers. So maybe his and your methods of installing it are what varies. Can you please PM him and ask what his suggested method is, the post is here
    Gigabyte Latest BIOS - Post 1745

Update: New DVD burner came in and I removed the PCI IDE card and the CD-RW drive. Also the IDE HD was really just for extra space that I used (for cache stuff mainly), so I just copied the files on it over to the 2nd HD and removed the IDE HD completely. So the only thing left IDE is the original DVDROM drive. Ever since I switched this stuff around I don't have the pulsing anymore, so I'm good to go. Thank you again for your help with this! I hope this is the end of my plethora of questions to you about this new MB, or at least, I'll give you a week off before I bug you with more. :D

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information