Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P Stuttering problem - Help!

Default Re: EP45-UD3P Stuttering problem - Help!

Yes I mean UPS, major typo there. Well I never had this issue with the DS3R MB, so it seemed odd this is now an issue. The power went out for about 3-4 seconds, which isn't suppose to be an issue, and nothing else hooked up to the UPS turned off when the power went out. (this is a UPS just for my computer, not house wide.) I'll do the "unplug from the wall" test tomorrow when I have more energy and will get back to you.

On the previous thing about the EnergySaver program. I went into BIOS and C1E and EIST were already enabled. I enabled C2 and C4 but haven't dared run the program again for fear of it freezing/rebooting on me once more. Like I said this is rather minor in the grand scheme of things since I don't necessarily have to have it running to keep the system going.

Sigh, it's me again.

Well I was up late last night after having insomnia and had nothing else on in the room but the computer. It's at this time that I noticed my HD was again taking a hit every few seconds. (and the HD LED on the case was backing this up.) Now this isn't the same problem as before as far as slowing down the programs I load, but it's happening all the same. I loaded safe mode and sure enough it's not there. So it's another driver freaking out.

I went into device manager and turned off a couple but no luck. Then I noticed for some reason I had 3 "Primary IDE Channel" and 3 "Secondary IDE Channel" If I look at the properties of each, 1 of each have "Not applicable" for the current transfer mode. 2 say "Location: Primary Channel" in the main properties tab while the 3rd says "Location 7 (Primary Channel."

So long story short, is there suppose to be 3 of each? Is there an easier way to track down drivers that are installed but aren't being used? Thanks again, this seems to be a long drawn out process, sigh.

Edit: You think this is related to my original problem and the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" is the problem? It would seem odd because the PCI IDE card is only attached to my CDROM drive and not the IDE HD. (I don't know which HD is taking the pulsing hit just yet.)
    Last edited by Esch; 08-17-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Dunno what supposed to be I have 3 primary and 3 secondary, last primary & secondary location 7, 2nd primary and secondary ULtra DMA mode 5 for device 0, 3rd promary mode 4 for device 1, all the rest not available.

Ok so that may not be the problem then. Also just noticed that the CDROM drive is not being recognized, so I suspect that dual channel PCI IDE channel driver isn't doing its job. You said you had (I -think- it was you, it's too early in the morning for my brain to work) a better driver that would work for that, please give me the link so I can try that one out. I wish my system would behave and do what it's suppose to do, heh. Thanks!

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

with all the problems you have been having I would just back up as much data as you can just format and reinstall every thing. You pretty much narrowed it down to a software problem. I know you said you didnt want to take the time to do it before b/c of other software and games installed but the time you spent on this could haven been saved by just doing the reinstall. I know its something we all hate to do but once you do it often enough you learn it just easier and better to work with a clean slate. who knows it could all be registry problems b/c we all know that can go to crap after long use of installing unistalling stuff move things around get a virus here and there stuff happens.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Just to let you know, you do not need DES Installed to enable C1E and EIST. Just verifying Acebmxer's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, C1E and EIST need to be enabled, you can find them in the Advanced BIOS page as stated above.

No, you misunderstood me. I said they were -already- enabled, meaning that they were enabled before I ran DES and DES was still freezing/rebooting my system.

Interestingly enough, I decided to do a driver update to the dual channel PCI IDE and it found the original Gigabyte driver (without the original stuttering problem, so far) -and- it also reinstalled the RAID driver. Then my CDROM drive came back. Apparently that PCI IDE card needs RAID, which seems very odd to me.

Edit: Oddly enough the Gigabyte driver was installed as being automatically "disabled", but not the Raid one. Looks like that pulsing thing with the HD is gone for now too. Interesting.

Edit Edit: Had to turn that disabled Gigabyte driver on because I noticed the DVDROM and IDE HD were no longer working, lol. Oy.
    Last edited by Esch; 08-17-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Ohh sorry for my confusion.

So all working now after your driver updates? If so great!!

Be sure you are using the latest DES >>>
    GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life

I actually don't advise using the program myself, but if you want to always be sure you have the latest

Ohh sorry for my confusion.

So all working now after your driver updates? If so great!!

Be sure you are using the latest DES >>>
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...lity_List.aspx

I actually don't advise using the program myself, but if you want to always be sure you have the latest

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information