Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP43-DS3 Overclocking advice

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP43-DS3 Overclocking advice

That applies to any processor, and it just a "Spec" or Selling point, the boards will do 2000+ FSB, maybe not the P43's but the P45's do for sure and they have the same rating.

All in all that is just something to add looks to the products specs, nothing you need to worry about as a limiter or anything. So ya, ignore the box and try out 400 FSB (Which is 1600 FSB as per the box states)

Chike is offline Senior Member

My board won't even post above 418FSB(1672 rated) but the DS3 has more overclocking options so you may be more lucky.
    One thing about the E6700(B2) is it's low thermal spec, so keep an eye on the temps. It should be kept below 60c core temps, and not over 65c core temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks!! Long time no see? It is your first post here??? Do you have another name here or do you know me from somewhere else?
    We were just talking via PMs, so i made an ironic joke :) ... But you probably talk with alot of people (helping them...like i said, its very respectfull ;) ) so you overlooked it :) .

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    My board won't even post above 418FSB(1672 rated) but the DS3 has more overclocking options so you may be more lucky.
    One thing about the E6700(B2) is it's low thermal spec, so keep an eye on the temps. It should be kept below 60c core temps, and not over 65c core temps.
    Yeah, thats what im talking about. I've tried several P43-DS3 boards and not a single one was able to reach 410FSB (without voltage rising). Maybe with voltage pumping situation would be different but i wouldnt bet on it.

A slighty cheeky piggy-back onto the topic but I posted this elsewhere and got abuse...
    Pulled these specs down, wonder whether they'll help give any indication to the overall overclock?

E6700 SL9Z MALAY 2.66GHz/4M/1066/OC
    L652 B920
    E6700 @ 2.66GHz | Zalman CNPS9500A | Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3 | KingstonHyperX 4GB 1066MHz | Asus GeForce 6500GT | Akasa Ultra Quiet 500W | CollerMaster CM630 |
    Vista Ultimate x86 & Windows 7 x86

Ahh Diviner, I wondered what you meant!!

Abuse, where did you get abused? Not here right?

Nah, not here. On another forum, just got made out like it was a stupid question and I shouldn't bother learning about any of the associated bits and pieces.
    Does it make any difference to how far I can clock the cpu? Other than the dates and batch number what can I get from those details?
    E6700 @ 2.66GHz | Zalman CNPS9500A | Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3 | KingstonHyperX 4GB 1066MHz | Asus GeForce 6500GT | Akasa Ultra Quiet 500W | CollerMaster CM630 |

The batch just can help you kinda guess what the CPU may or may not do by googling the batch number is all. Or part of the batch # like 3850A and leave off the rest.

How far you can clock it depends on your cooling and how much volts you will put into the cpu, and of course the CPU itself and you board. P43 is not as good as P45 or P35, so keep that in mind when you are looking through results in google

Hello. Apologies for leaving it so long, my BT internet is 'donald-ducked' at home so getting online has been a joke!

Those settings didn't work but I tried something else, knocked the multiplier down to 8x and set the FSB to 400MHz. I also latched the memory speed at 400MHz and had the multiplier set to run it at 1066Mhz. Everything else was set to auto as per the 'Load optimized defaults' option. I know this isn't the best way to go about it but thought it'd be a decent way to figure out whether it'd push to 3.2Ghz.

Boots into Windows nice and quickly, on maximum load the cores reach 53C which I don't think is too bad? Especially as the CPU fan was running on a low speed :o). One problem however...whenever I put the computer to 'sleep' and then 'wake' it the computer doesn't POST and cycles through power on/power off. As it works OK the rest of the time this is a bit annoying, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nav_kundra View Post
    One problem however...whenever I put the computer to 'sleep' and then 'wake' it the computer doesn't POST and cycles through power on/power off. As it works OK the rest of the time this is a bit annoying, any suggestions?
    BIOS F9 lists
    F9 2008/09/22 1. Fixed Vista S3 resume sometimes failed

I've flashed to F9 BIOS already. Read somewhere that it might have something to do with S3 (a.k.a. Suspend-To-RAM or STR) to S1 (regular Standby). Any ideas? I'm at work but will try change that option when I get home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information