Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any one here still with GA-N680i-DQ6 ?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Any one here still with GA-N680i-DQ6 ?

It is all likely just because the boards are EOL and no longer supported so the issues do not get looked into or resolved via BIOS updates.

Since this mobo (GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ) has all solid capacitors and is "ultra durable" I don't suppose that problems are due to ageing of components but on other models it is more likely I think ? . I think if mobo isn't broken it is maybe incomatibility with PSU . I'll try to contact Tascens and ask them about it .
    CPU Q6700@2.66 , Partiot ELK 2x2 Gb @800 Mhz , mobo GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev.1.0 , bios F6b/ actually F4, cpu heatsing Ninja Plus rev.B, PSU Tacens Valeo Smart 550w + Gigabyte Radeon 4850 + Audigy 2 + TV tuner Gigabyte + 3 HDDs SATA I/II.

I think its PSU - not broken but a little bit incompatibile with this mobo . I've checked everything also another RAM sticks . Behaviour is pretty the same - afer 3-4 min of PC shutdown via case button or Vista option or sleep via S3 - PC won't start . If I do fast cycle shutdown -start , it work normally .To start PC after longer period i need to switch off power at PSU wait 10 s switch on wait 20s and push start button , then sometimes it starts (CMOS settings are remembered also OC). I've reseated mobo in case and all components a couple of times . Situation is hopeless ... only tests with different PSU left . I found info at other forum that one guy at similar situation sucesfully run his PC without CMOS battery - is this possible and safe ??!!!
    Last edited by sebx2009; 08-26-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    CPU Q6700@2.66 , Partiot ELK 2x2 Gb @800 Mhz , mobo GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev.1.0 , bios F6b/ actually F4, cpu heatsing Ninja Plus rev.B, PSU Tacens Valeo Smart 550w + Gigabyte Radeon 4850 + Audigy 2 + TV tuner Gigabyte + 3 HDDs SATA I/II.

Yes it is possible and safe, but your clock and settings would need set each time you started the system

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes it is possible and safe, but your clock and settings would need set each time you started the system
    Hmm ... my PSU even if PC is switched off still powers USB devices is it normal ? Also during my experiments when I took out CMOS battery to exchange it - CMOS setting were not lost - why ? So you say that after full power of I would lost CMOS settings ?
    Last edited by sebx2009; 08-26-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Yes that is normal, but I do think that when it is off long enough the USB Devices should power down.

Your board capacitors and PSU Capacitors likely held the charge long enough to keep your settings is why they remained. If you remove the CMOS battery after a short time the CMOS will clear and if left out it will happen every time you leave the system without power

During last two weeks I read many posts about varius startup problems with different configurations , many many of them were unresolved . I have got idea than Gigabyte mobos are a little bit more difficult at work and more sensitive on used PSUs and other parts . I like my current PSU and I'm rather going to change mobo than PSU . I have one more idea - can I ask Gigabyte support for preparing for me bios with tweaked start up power settings to less agresive ?

You could ask, but not sure if they would work on a older BIOS for you like that.

What do you mean less aggressive anyway? You could set things lower if you want, just not sure what you mean I guess

And incompatible power supplies are very often the cause of many startup issues, so this may be the case as well here

I mean problem described under given link at post #29 - if I properly understand it only solution is different PSU or different bios (less strict on star conditions) or different project of power section on mobo . Ex. with my old Asus P5N-E SLI (chipset nv650i) everthing worked perfect for 2 years .

Quote Originally Posted by sebx2009 View Post
    So I'm the only one ? Not good at all ,because I have problem with coold boots even at stock speed of my Q6700 ... it is not my first self assembled pc but first with cold boots.

CPU Q6700 @2.66 , Partiot ELK 2x2 Gb @800 Mhz , mobo GA-N680i-DQ6 rev.1.0 , bios F6b/F5, PSU Tacens Valeo Smart 550w + Gigabyte Radeon 4850 + Audigy 2 + TV tuner Gigabyte .

Because my mobo is second hand I wonder if it is possible via its S/N to check when it was sold and in what country ?
    This board was never made to handle the Extreme CPU'S, that is why it was discontinued. Most people got a trade in on them for a step up cause of the claims on the box but unsupported with EE chips. A few still have them over at Anandtech forum, you may do well to post up over there too.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information