Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 - Slot 3 not working

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 - Slot 3 not working

Well that could be normal since it is not designed to work in that fashion, sounds like it works to me though since it would boot. Of course that does not mean it is not a bit buggy/faulty though.

I'll try one more time to get it to work with 1+3 but it do you think settings that work with 2+4 may not work with 1+3?

This board has been quite difficult so far.

Yes, could be settings would vary a little. But 1+3 is the intended way, but I have seen several have issues with the UD3x boards and memory slots. Some used 2+4 to get around that, others just RMA'd the boards.

Yea, my issue is that in the future I will likely want to upgrade to 8gigs so I would like all slots to work. But even if I don't use them I'd still prefer something that I paid for to be in complete working order even if I never use it.

Ya, I hear that! So you did already setup a RMA right?

Did you ever test with different ram? Could just be those dimm's

Yea I set up an RMA. I ordered a new board (same one) and am waiting for that one to arrive before I send this one back.

I bought this: Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC22G6400ELK - Desktop Memory
    ram for another computer. I tried it on this board and it does not work at all. Mobo just beeps.

Ahh, well that's odd in itself as I have seen no issues presented with that ram. Was this Many multiple fast beeps? If so then the default tRD was set to low by you or auto, that causes many multiple fast beeps

i think it was multiple fast beeps. I will try to mess with it later this evening. Should I just put the bios to optimized settings?

Ya, load optimized with the ram installed. Then save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS and set your own tRD setting of maybe 8-9 to be sure. You may need to set this before you save/apply of course if it wont boot. You may also need to use any other ram to make the setting changes then save and shut down and put in the other ram, if you cannot do so with that ram

Ok well I loaded optimized settings and the other ram works with 1+3. Do you have any suggestions of what I should try with the 996599 memory? I'd really like to use that instead of this stuff. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the new mobo. I might just keep it for a new build. I need another pc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information