Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 - Slot 3 not working

Default GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 - Slot 3 not working

Is there a good way to determine if a ram slot is not working? When I put one stick into slot 3 (DDR2_3), my system won't boot. All the other slots seem fine.

I have GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 & my ram is Mushkin 2x2GB 996599.

I did some searching and it looks like I am a victim of the 1.6 slot problems...

thanks...

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.6 - Slot 3 not working

Your way seems pretty good :-)
    Is that with EPP on or Turbo Performance Enhance?

I have performance enhance set to standard and XMP (extreme memory profile) disabled.

I actually just ordered a new one and submitted this one for RMA. Do you think there is anything else I should try before I send it back? It seems dead to me. I've tried it numerous times and the computer won't boot at all with a stick in that slot.

Chike is offline Senior Member

In my oppinion you've done all the avrage home computer builder should do. If alll slots but one are working at default settings it's quite obviouse something is wrong with the board.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Does/Did that slot work if you used slots 1+3 or 3+4? Just checking

Slot 3 is not designed to work by itself, although it can this is not the intended slot for one stick so it may not always function.

But yes, the testing you done would be plenty to warrant a RMA. Just keep in mind if you have not already sent your board in you may want to test the above tests also because if it works that way then it is not faulty and you would be risking getting a refurb board through RMA for nothing. It could also risk them charging you for a NPF (No Problem Found) and making you pay to ship the board back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Does/Did that slot work if you used slots 1+3 or 3+4? Just checking

Slot 3 is not designed to work by itself, although it can this is not the intended slot for one stick so it may not always function.

But yes, the testing you done would be plenty to warrant a RMA. Just keep in mind if you have not already sent your board in you may want to test the above tests also because if it works that way then it is not faulty and you would be risking getting a refurb board through RMA for nothing. It could also risk them charging you for a NPF (No Problem Found) and making you pay to ship the board back to you.
    The board will not work with the ram in 1 & 3. That's how I originally determined that there was a problem.

Ahh ok! Did you test 3+4 as well?

Well I wish you a quick RMA, I was just asking those things to help save you from a RMA if it was not necessary but sounds like you tested everything as you should anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh ok! Did you test 3+4 as well?

Well I wish you a quick RMA, I was just asking those things to help save you from a RMA if it was not necessary but sounds like you tested everything as you should anyway.
    I didn't try 3+4. I actually just ordered a new board and am waiting to get that one before I send this one back. I'll try that first though.

thanks for the help

Ya I would before you send out the board.

Good luck with the testing and post back anytime

Well I just tried 3+4 and the board managed to boot but immediately after I logged into windows it blue screened. Tried it twice.

When I first turned the pc on this morning, I had the ram in 2+4 and it went into a constant reboot loop. It was stable last week with that config. It was off since Friday.

It seems like if I just put 1 stick in, the board is fine as long as it is not in #3. But once I put in two, it's a crapshoot whether it'll boot up. I haven't run memtest yet. I'm at work so I can't right now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information