Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P have a few problems... ; ;

Default EP45-UD3P have a few problems... ; ;

Hello, I just upgraded my system to a Q9550 processor, the EP45-UD3P and 4gb (2x2 gb) of gskill 1066 ram. I also have my previous creative x-fi card and 8800gts 512 GPU installed in this new build. Windows XP installed fine.

My questions are this- My system randomly freezes or stutters. Under system info in win XP it shows I have 4 gigs of ram and my processor is 2.83ghz (stock). Although when I go to control panel and then system it shows I only have 3.25gb of memory. I ran memtest and came up with an error, so I switched to the other ram slots 2 and 4 and came up with an error (running these tests from 2-8 hours on memtest). I tried only running 1 stick of the ram and came up with error on one, but no error on the other stick, then I tried changing DIMM slots and repeating the single stick of memory test coming up with errors also. I then tried known good ram that I ran on my other computer (gskill 2gb 2x1 800 mhz) and got no errors on DIMM slots 1 and 3 but got errors when I changed to 2 and 4.

The BIOS settings where all stock for the 1066 memory (showed up as 1066, timings are 5-5-5-15 and v2.09) which sounded all correct. So, I just dont know if I have bad RAM or bad MB; I keep thinking its the MB or maybe BIOS settings.

The only other wierd thing is if I run CPU-Z or Easy Tune 6 my CPU shows up as only running at 2.0GHz and not 2.83GHz. My FSB is 333 (1333) which is normal. Shouldn't my cpu always show up as running at the stock 2.83GHz when not OC'd?

My MB is rev1.6 and BIOS version FB. The computer beeps 1 time at post which is normal. I dont want to OC I just want my system to work normal on stock settings. I'm not sure why I am having these wierd problems or what I'm doing wrong, and would love any info possible cause I need to know if I have to rma the ram or MB or if its just settings or what ><

Thx very much in advance ^^

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: EP45-UD3P have a few problems... ; ;

Your testing suggest there's a problem with the MB but still may be compatibility issue with the memory.
    Try MCH Core in the range of 0.95-1.26v and see if any of them pass with no errors.
    Have you another brand of memory or can you loan some for testing?

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Brigs View Post
    The only other wierd thing is if I run CPU-Z or Easy Tune 6 my CPU shows up as only running at 2.0GHz and not 2.83GHz. My FSB is 333 (1333) which is normal. Shouldn't my cpu always show up as running at the stock 2.83GHz when not OC'd?

My MB is rev1.6 and BIOS version FB. The computer beeps 1 time at post which is normal. I dont want to OC I just want my system to work normal on stock settings. I'm not sure why I am having these wierd problems or what I'm doing wrong, and would love any info possible cause I need to know if I have to rma the ram or MB or if its just settings or what ><

Thx very much in advance ^^

What Chike said +1.

As far as you cpu speed sounds like c1e and eist is enabled droping cpu multi down to 6 while at idle. if you but a load on cpu will bounce back up to 8.5. there is nothing wrong with it unless you dont want it to run cooler at idle
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeap, you need more MCH Voltage for 4GB. Also be sure you set tRD (Static tRead Value) manually to ensure Auto does not set it to low, for 333 FSB use 6-8

As for your ram amount, you need to be using x64 OS to use 4GB or more, that is why you see 3.25 because x86 system has a 4GB Limit. So your GFX Card's ram 512 plus some odds and ends for the system and you get 3.25GB

Unfortunately I have no other ram but those two ones I mentioned, I will try changing the MCH core(although I dont know what that is or what I should change it to) should I just pick a value? So when running windows XP 32bit I will never see 4gigs because its not vista 64 or windows 7?

And yes I do have the c1e and eist enabled and the cpu-z says multi is at 6 so thats probly the problem there. I will change that 8)

I'll try and figure out the MCH core and start at tRD 6 and go up from there? And then run memtest again, thanx again for replies guys ^^
    Last edited by Brigs; 08-16-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brigs View Post
    And yes I do have the c1e and eist enabled and the cpu-z says multi is at 6 so thats probly the problem there. I will change that 8)
    It is actually the EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) and it's definatly not a problem. Unless you are in overclocking process and want to see actual max CPU speed at all times it can be enabled.

MCH Core voltage is in the MIT Section of your BIOS, for 4GB try 1.20-1.24

Yes, as said above Speedstep will be enabled and fluctuate your CPU multi and voltage unless you disable it. It is C1E and EIST

Good luck with the tweaking and testing, post back if you have issues and need more help

Cool, I disabled C1E and EIST and the core is at a constant 2.83GHz, thanx on that :D Is it ok to leave them disabled all the time so I'm always runnin at peak cpu frequency?

Next I'll try the 1.2-1.24 for MCH core and see if that fixes it. Ill run the memtest and hopefully get no errors (fingers crossed).

thx again, ill post back :)

Yeap, I never have them enabled on any board.

Good luck with your tweaking and testing, if things still fail please post us your full settings and let us know how and when things fail and we will advise back

Ok, so I set CAS Latency Time to 5 manualy
    tRCD to 5 manualy
    tRP to 5 manualy
    tRAS to 15 manualy
    (wasnt sure if I should put those values in manualy or leave them all on auto, wasnt sure if it mattered, they where all originaly 5-5-5-15 on Auto)

I went to MCH core and changed the voltage from 1.100v to 1.200v

Then, changed DRAM voltage from 1.800v to 2.000v, cause I thought I heard it has to be from 2-2.1v to run 1066 ram on this board.

Then I went to Advanced Timing Control and went to Channel A and B Timing Settings and changed Static tRead Value to 6 manualy ( it was on 6 Auto before). I assume you meant static tRead value and not tRRD on the previous page which is set to 4 Auto.

And the Memory Frequency is automatically set to 1066 didnt have to change that.

So, just making sure that I was correct with all those changes I made, and made them in the right places. Hope I didnt forget anything ><

thanx again :)
    Last edited by Brigs; 08-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information