Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 memory question

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 memory question

well bad news everybody. purchased the RAM from a compUSA near me and it still does not work. shows the same lights as before. again. tried all the possible combinations, all in white, and then 1 in the first white. any other ideas?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you tried clearing the CMOS Yet? If not please do, using the long method outlined in my post here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

You may also try by pushing the Clear CMOS Button on your board for one minute, with the PSU Unplugged or Shut off.

If you still do not have any luck you should remove the CPU and check to be sure there are NO Bent pins in the CPU Socket.

well sadly non of that worked. cleared the CMOS using the guide and using the button. took out the CPU none of the pins look bent at all. any other ideas?

alright ill give that a try. just to note something that i have noticed. the same lights (DDR phase LED) come one no matter what happens. even if all the RAM is out of the mother board

That is normal. Do you also have a case speaker connected, if so you getting any beeps at all? If you dont have one connected try to find one to use.

well my guess is gonna be i need a new power supply. i plugged mine into an older computer and turned it on and it didnt work. plugged it into the MOBO, the CPU, the HDD and the graphics card and nothing is showing up on the screen or moving inside the computer

Ahhh... that would be an issue for sure then

Nice to hear I think you have solved it!! Sorry to hear about your PSU though!

*EDIT*

That PSU was DOA??? Ouch, sorry to hear! I always heard great things about that brand, but I guess DOA happens with all companies. Good thing is you bought from Newegg so your RMA Will be painless.

If you call in and complain you can likely get sent a free shipping label to return the PSU. Ask nicely but firm, I always get one emailed to me for RMA's, always call in though.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-16-2009 at 04:15 AM.

yea that was defiantly the problem. hooked the old psu up and it worked like a charm. thank you very much for all the help Lsdmeasap

yea i guess things happen. ohh well to be honest im really happy that we were able to finally find out what the problem was and that it wasnt something that i did. i will definatly be calling newegg monday morning and i will get this taken care of.
    Last edited by dead_phoenix; 08-16-2009 at 04:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information