Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: X48-DQ6 having ati2dvag errors and infinate loops

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: X48-DQ6 having ati2dvag errors and infinate loops

No, but graphic cards don't saturate a 8x slot anyway really so no differences other than the chipsets

Seems a bit wasteful in a way. Technology is further ahead than what we have a need for I suppose. Still not a huge point to quad cores yet and they been out for how many years now? Still..I understand programing for 4 cores is extremely complex. And these new quad cores from intel seem more efficient at what they do.

Right! And ya know they are about to soon release 6 and 8 core CPU's!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Right! And ya know they are about to soon release 6 and 8 core CPU's!
    That's just crazy..

X38 and X48 are essential for Crossfiring two DUAL GPU cards. In this case each dual |GPU card, although nopt using 16 lanes is definitely using more than 8. If you were to try this in an 8x/8x P45 then results wouldn't be optimal. In a P35 with PCIe 1.1, results would be even worse because 8x/8x PcCIE1.1 = 4x/4x PCIe2.0.

For crossfiring two single GPU cards a P45 has bandwidth to spare.

The HD 4770 is actually a REALLY powerful card for the price. Sure, they crippled it with a 128Bit RAM bus (halving bandwidth over a 4850) but they included GDDR5 (which doubles bandwidth back up to near 4850 speeds). It's like someone cutting off both your legs, then replacing them with equally functional robot legs. Sure you're crippled, but they put it right after. There's not enough in it when comparing mid range to high end cards (non dual GPU) IMO. If I thought it worth it I'd have gotten a GTX 285, but not for a mere 15 FPS more on average. On paper they're more powerful, but at my chosen resolution (1680x1050) the 4850 does fine. Two are for bragging rights and because I want to play Crysis.

As soon as CPU's start using more real time processing structures rather than queueing and then executing, multi core will be much better off. A quad is really nice for Video work, that's for sure. However in Gaming, they tend to take a more lax approach simply because at the moment they can get away without harnessing all the raw power available.

For FurMark (not FutureMark) go here: FurMark: Graphics Card Stability and Stress Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
    Last edited by Psycho101; 08-20-2009 at 04:55 AM.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    X38 and X48 are essential for Crossfiring two DUAL GPU cards. In this case each dual |GPU card, although nopt using 16 lanes is definitely using more than 8. If you were to try this in an 8x/8x P45 then results wouldn't be optimal. In a P35 with PCIe 1.1, results would be even worse because 8x/8x PcCIE1.1 = 4x/4x PCIe2.0.

For crossfiring two single GPU cards a P45 has bandwidth to spare.

The HD 4770 is actually a REALLY powerful card for the price. Sure, they crippled it with a 128Bit RAM bus (halving bandwidth over a 4850) but they included GDDR5 (which doubles bandwidth back up to near 4850 speeds). It's like someone cutting off both your legs, then replacing them with equally functional robot legs. Sure you're crippled, but they put it right after. There's not enough in it when comparing mid range to high end cards (non dual GPU) IMO. If I thought it worth it I'd have gotten a GTX 285, but not for a mere 15 FPS more on average. On paper they're more powerful, but at my chosen resolution (1680x1050) the 4850 does fine. Two are for bragging rights and because I want to play Crysis.

As soon as CPU's start using more real time processing structures rather than queueing and then executing, multi core will be much better off. A quad is really nice for Video work, that's for sure. However in Gaming, they tend to take a more lax approach simply because at the moment they can get away without harnessing all the raw power available.

For FurMark (not FutureMark) go here: FurMark: Graphics Card Stability and Stress Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
    Ah FurMark not Future Mark..my mistake hehe. Yeah the 4770 is pretty powerful and has huge overclocking potential. I 'was' going to crossfire 2 of them at a later date, as they give the top end (single core) cards a run for their money. Its only really at the higher resolutions they get beaten. And that would be because they simply don't have enough vram. But that wouldn't have affected me.
    Last edited by Fizzban; 08-21-2009 at 03:49 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information