Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 179

Thread: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P




  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokuboo View Post
    Yes, Just tested to find this out. Now I'm more confused then ever...
    Do you have a spare hdd you can use to install windows on and not use your raid setup? I wonder if your mobo is giving up the ghost.
    Last edited by Darkboss; 11-10-2009 at 10:57 PM.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboss View Post
    Do you have a spare hdd you can use to install windows on and not use your raid setup? I wonder if your mobo is giving up the ghost.
    Not that I can get my hands on right away. I'm not sure what you mean by "mobo is giving up the ghost". From Google if I understand what little information I found. Does that mean a ghost image of something is on my hardware so it is causing conflict? If so is there a way to fix this? I've officially entered desperate mode. I'm running memtest again to make sure my memory is fine. If that checks out fine again I think I'll unplug my system and hope for some magical fix (maybe even hit the bios reset switch). Silly I know but as I've said before I'm desperate.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokuboo View Post
    Not that I can get my hands on right away. I'm not sure what you mean by "mobo is giving up the ghost". From Google if I understand what little information I found. Does that mean a ghost image of something is on my hardware so it is causing conflict? If so is there a way to fix this? I've officially entered desperate mode. I'm running memtest again to make sure my memory is fine. If that checks out fine again I think I'll unplug my system and hope for some magical fix (maybe even hit the bios reset switch). Silly I know but as I've said before I'm desperate.
    No, sorry to confuse you. I didn't mean there is a ghost image on the system. It's a metaphor. Giving up the ghost means, "it's on it's last legs." Basically, I was wondering if your mobo is dying and that might be why it's acting up now. How are the temps on the system when it's booting up? Have you reset the hsf and made sure the cpu temps and system temps are ok? Make sure the fan on cpu is plugged in securely. Maybe that's why you're getting bsods. I'm not sure why it would be acting up now after an OS install.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    I don't know exactly what happened but I'm STABLE NOW!! I unplugged my system and entered my old settings and it failed...but it did much better and didn't crash right away. All I did was bump up my qpi/vtt a little. Before I was running below voltage, now I'm as close as I can get (one notch above). I've tried that before but it didn't work. I'd like to know what happened but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you so much to everyone being so patient with me. You people really helped me stay sane!! I really hope my system isn't on it's last legs, it's still fairly new lol.

    Below are my settings.

    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ...............................[19x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]
    CPU Cores Enabled ............................[All]
    CPU Multi Threading .........................[Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Enabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor ........................ [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ...........................[Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ...................[Enabled]
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]


    Uncore & QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed ............................[x36]
    Uncore Frequency ...........................[16]
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]


    Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ...............[Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................[200]
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

    Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive ............................[800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]


    Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance .....................[Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [8.0]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

    Channel A + B + C

    Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ..................... [8]
    tRCD ..................................[8]
    tRP ...................................[8]
    tRAS ................................. [24]


    ##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................[AUTO]
    tRRD .......................................[AUTO]
    tWTR ...................................... [AUTO]
    tWR ........................................[AUTO]
    tWTP .......................................[AUTO]
    tWL ........................................[AUTO]
    tRFC .......................................[AUTO]
    tRTP .......................................[AUTO]
    tFAW ...................................... [AUTO]
    B2B CAS DELAY...............................[AUTO]
    Command Rate (CMD) ..........................[1]

    ##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ...................[AUTO]



    Advanced Voltage Control:

    CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore ...............................[1.33125]
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ..................[1.340]
    CPU PLL 1.800v ..........................[1.8]

    MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ..........................[1.5]
    QPI PLL 1.100v .......................[1.2]
    IOH Core 1.100v .....................[1.16]
    ICH I/O 1.500v .......................[1.5]
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................[1.14]

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v .......[1.66]
    DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Congrats! I'm glad you got it going there! What are your temps for your cpu when idle and under load. I have the same case and my temps for my cpu are high. I even reset my hsf and reapplied the TIM a few times already and they are still high. I'm just wondering if it's just my cpu that is warm or if I can't get the right air flow in my case. I looked at your previous posts and saw the temps there for your cpu. Are they still the same? Or do the temps get higher with your OC?

    Congrats again!
    Last edited by Darkboss; 11-11-2009 at 09:21 PM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboss View Post
    Congrats! I'm glad you got it going there! What are your temps for your cpu when idle and under load. I have the same case and my temps for my cpu are high. I even reset my hsf and reapplied the TIM a few times already and they are still high. I'm just wondering if it's just my cpu that is warm or if I can't get the right air flow in my case. I looked at your previous posts and saw the temps there for your cpu. Are they still the same? Or do the temps get higher with your OC?

    Congrats again!
    Depending on ambient temp. My idle temps are 38c-45c. Full load is 56c-60c and cores around 70c-76c. To get things a little extra cooler I added two fans to pull more air into the case and also cool my HDD's. Should also help cool new graphics cards when I get them. Just a little insight on how to cool our closed case. It's nice to speak with someone with the same case and bounce off ideas.
    Last edited by Gokuboo; 11-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    I will post pics a little later on my case and my fan setup. I have about the same temps as yours for idle and load. I also added a fan on the side of my hdd cage but replaced the stock intake fan with a Noctua. Didn't really help much and I feel might have been a waste of money.

    I'm hoping to see if I can fix my wires a little more and get better airflow. If not, I might get a nicer case with better cooling. I like our case but it's heavy and bulky and keeps everything a little too warm for my liking.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboss View Post
    I will post pics a little later on my case and my fan setup. I have about the same temps as yours for idle and load. I also added a fan on the side of my hdd cage but replaced the stock intake fan with a Noctua. Didn't really help much and I feel might have been a waste of money.

    I'm hoping to see if I can fix my wires a little more and get better airflow. If not, I might get a nicer case with better cooling. I like our case but it's heavy and bulky and keeps everything a little too warm for my liking.
    I understand what you say about heat. I would like a fan to be blowing directly on the mobo itself but I enjoy the look of the sealed case. Maybe I can find an in case solution for this but haven't yet. I think CoolerMaster has side fan panels for our case, you might want to check that out. Because of our sealed case cable management is a must for us. I knocked my system temps down by about 5c-8c just by taking my time redoing my cable management. This also gave me a small decrease on my cpu temps. Here is a pic. I have most cables out of the way not restricting airflow. Some are unavoidable to have in the way but are so small or in the direction of the airflow it doesn't matter. The back of my case well... is a well constructed rats nest (oxymoron?). I only had to make one mod so far to the case by cutting out a small piece of the right panel inside near the latching rail for my psu cable for the cpu (8pin) so I could close it.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    hey guys, I'm stable at 4ghz and followed Mr. LSD's advice and some settings I found in this thread and th guide. My cooler is not up to snuff, I run 45c at idle and at load I'm getting to 100c after only a coupe of minutes. What voltages should I start to drop?

    Thanks

    John

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by the_captain View Post
    hey guys, I'm stable at 4ghz and followed Mr. LSD's advice and some settings I found in this thread and th guide. My cooler is not up to snuff, I run 45c at idle and at load I'm getting to 100c after only a coupe of minutes. What voltages should I start to drop?

    Thanks

    John
    what are your current voltages? and do you have a D0/C0 chip? what cooler? i would buy a better cooler to start with 100c is gonna damage your chip 80-85c should be the absolute max,i only hit 70c with 3.8ghz clock
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •