Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 179

Thread: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P




  1. #21
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Sounds like you got it right? Looks good, if you need more help feel free to ask

    I see you put N/A for the following settings:
    tWTP .......................................N/A
    tWL ........................................ N/A

    Why? What BIOS did you use previously, and did you load optimized after the flash and apply? Did you clear the DMI Data with Qflash, you should.

    I ask because your BIOS should have these settings, I put in a lot of time, effort, and testing to get them added in which is why it caught my eye that you had N/A listed for them. They are indeed in your BIOS, and in that version. I am using F9c myself, but just flashed to F10a to verify and then back to F9c because I need to finish up a review with that BIOS. So you should have these settings, if you do not then you are likely coming from an older (Pre F7d) BIOS that did not have them and you need to follow the above steps so you will have them.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-22-2009 at 12:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sounds like you got it right? Looks good, if you need more help feel free to ask

    I see you put N/A for the following settings:
    tWTP .......................................N/A
    tWL ........................................ N/A

    Why? What BIOS did you use previously, and did you load optimized after the flash and apply? Did you clear the DMI Data with Qflash, you should.

    I ask because your BIOS should have these settings, I put in a lot of time, effort, and testing to get them added in which is why it caught my eye that you had N/A listed for them. They are indeed in your BIOS, and in that version. I am using F9c myself, but just flashed to F10a to verify and then back to F9c because I need to finish up a review with that BIOS. So you should have these settings, if you do not then you are likely coming from an older (Pre F7d) BIOS that did not have them and you need to follow the above steps so you will have them.

    Ooops! Flashed BIOS didn't I ?? I'll correct that when I get back on Monday....

    :

  3. #23
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Ahh, ok! No worries for you anyhow, I was just personally concerned as I had not flashed F10a yet and it got me worried for a minute, thought they removed those settings again!

    I was about to get angry possibly.

    They are there though, but most dont set advanced timings anyway.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh, ok! No worries for you anyhow, I was just personally concerned as I had not flashed F10a yet and it got me worried for a minute, thought they removed those settings again!

    I was about to get angry possibly.

    They are there though, but most dont set advanced timings anyway.
    Well, I'm back and just taking a cruise through BIOS and those settings are there, tWTP is Auto =19 and tWL is Auto = 7.

    Now can you take me higher than these settings? BIOS shows 4.0Ghz but CPU-Z in Windows says 4.2Ghz....

    Booted @ 4.0Ghz

    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [20x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]
    CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
    CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Disabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor .........................[Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ............................ [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ................... [Disabled] << Disabled if you do not use Vmware or Virtual PC Programs
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Disabled]


    Uncore & QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed .............................. x36
    Uncore Frequency .......................... X18 = 3600Mhz
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]


    Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................200
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

    Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive .............................[800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]


    Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [8.0]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

    Channel A + B + C

    Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ......................8
    tRCD .......................................8
    tRP .........................................8
    tRAS .......................................20

    ##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................Auto
    tRRD .......................................Auto
    tWTR ...................................... Auto
    tWR ........................................Auto
    tWTP .......................................Auto = 19
    tWL ........................................ Auto = 7
    tRFC .......................................80
    tRTP .......................................Auto
    tFAW ......................................Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ................1

    ##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ...................Auto


    Channel B Advanced Timing
    CAS Latency Time ......................8
    tRCD .......................................8
    tRP .........................................8
    tRAS .......................................20

    ##Channel B Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................Auto
    tRRD .......................................Auto
    tWTR ...................................... Auto
    tWR ........................................Auto
    tWTP .......................................Auto = 19
    tWL ........................................ Auto = 7
    tRFC .......................................80
    tRTP .......................................Auto
    tFAW ......................................Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ................1

    ##Channel B Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ...................Auto


    Channel C Advanced Timing
    CAS Latency Time ......................8
    tRCD .......................................8
    tRP .........................................8
    tRAS .......................................20

    ##Channel C Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................Auto
    tRRD .......................................Auto
    tWTR ...................................... Auto
    tWR ........................................Auto
    tWTP .......................................Auto = 19
    tWL ........................................ Auto = 7
    tRFC .......................................80
    tRTP .......................................Auto
    tFAW ......................................Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ................1

    ##Channel C Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ...................Auto


    Advanced Voltage Control:

    CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Enabled]
    CPU Vcore ...............................1.37500v
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.355v
    CPU PLL 1.800v .......................Auto

    MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ...........................Auto
    QPI PLL 1.100v .......................Auto
    IOH Core 1.100v .....................1.16v
    ICH I/O 1.500v .......................Auto
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................Auto

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v ..............1.64
    DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

    Didn't list Channel/s B and C but I will set the same...

    And another question, I know I flashed to F10a and all was good. Followed instructions about loading Optimized Defaults and rebooting to reset my RAID. Left for a few days. This morning on startup I noticed the BIOS on POST screen is F8 why would it revert??


    :
    Last edited by caintry_boy; 08-27-2009 at 11:57 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Did it possibly reboot/reset, and use the other bios chip???
    Gigabyte X79 UP4
    E5-2690
    32gb Patriot DDR3@1600
    R9-390 8gb x3
    2 Kingstin Hyper X 240gb SSD (os array)
    4- 480gb Adata SSD (Game Array)
    2 HGST 1tb x2 (Storage Array)
    X-Fi Titanium
    Custom Thor Full Tower
    Cougar G1600
    Custom Water Cooling
    Win10 64

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Reckon that's possible. How do I convert the other chip to F10a?? Read the manual??

    :

  7. #27
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Don't even look on the left in the BIOS, it is irrelevant and incorrect

    Your BIOS recovered from the backup chip because your settings failed badly and corrupted the Main chip.

    You had 4.2 in windows due to Turbo being enabled.

    So have you flashed back to F10a yet? If not please do so and try these changes this time after your normal flash procedures

    QPI Link Speed .............................. x36
    Uncore Frequency .......................... X18 = 3600Mhz << Set x16 for now
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]


    Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................200
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

    Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive .............................[800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]


    Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [8.0]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

    Channel A + B + C

    Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ......................8
    tRCD .......................................8
    tRP .........................................8
    tRAS .......................................20


    Advanced Voltage Control:

    CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Enabled]
    CPU Vcore ...............................1.37500v
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.355v << Set 1.38 to be sure this is not an issue
    CPU PLL 1.800v .......................Auto

    MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ...........................Auto
    QPI PLL 1.100v .......................Auto << Set 1.24-1.3
    IOH Core 1.100v .....................1.16v << Set 1.22-1.24
    ICH I/O 1.500v .......................Auto
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................Auto

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v ..............1.64 < Set 1.66

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Don't even look on the left in the BIOS, it is irrelevant and incorrect

    Your BIOS recovered from the backup chip because your settings failed badly and corrupted the Main chip.

    You had 4.2 in windows due to Turbo being enabled.

    So have you flashed back to F10a yet? If not please do so and try these changes this time after your normal flash procedures

    QPI Link Speed .............................. x36
    Uncore Frequency .......................... X18 = 3600Mhz << Set x16 for now
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]


    Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................200
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

    Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive .............................[800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]


    Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [8.0]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Expert]

    Channel A + B + C

    Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ......................8
    tRCD .......................................8
    tRP .........................................8
    tRAS .......................................20


    Advanced Voltage Control:

    CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Enabled]
    CPU Vcore ...............................1.37500v
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.355v << Set 1.38 to be sure this is not an issue
    CPU PLL 1.800v .......................Auto

    MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ...........................Auto
    QPI PLL 1.100v .......................Auto << Set 1.24-1.3
    IOH Core 1.100v .....................1.16v << Set 1.22-1.24
    ICH I/O 1.500v .......................Auto
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................Auto

    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v ..............1.64 < Set 1.66
    Yessir, back to F10a..... Your settings work o.k......I don't have the option for 1.38v in the QPI/VTT settings so I went with 1.39v...seems to be o.k......

    Oh, another question. Is there a way to save these settings to BIOS/CMOS? F11 or something???


    Now on to 4.4Ghz and up.......



    :
    Last edited by caintry_boy; 08-28-2009 at 03:17 PM.

  9. #29
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Hmm, that is odd! No 1.38? Funny to hear, I have a few CPU's here and they all have different voltage amounts available for certain settings and 1.39 QPI is not in any of them. 965 I have offers many small increments on QPI and others, the 920 and W3520 I have here only have even QPI amounts.

    Ya, On the MAIN Page F11 is save and F12 is load. Be sure when you are saving that you move down and don't overwrite a previous save you want to keep

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Overclocking the Gigabyte X58 UD4P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, that is odd! No 1.38? Funny to hear, I have a few CPU's here and they all have different voltage amounts available for certain settings and 1.39 QPI is not in any of them. 965 I have offers many small increments on QPI and others, the 920 and W3520 I have here only have even QPI amounts.

    Ya, On the MAIN Page F11 is save and F12 is load. Be sure when you are saving that you move down and don't overwrite a previous save you want to keep
    Yeah, it goes from 1.375v to 1.395 actually.....it's as 920 D0 stepping if that matters....maybe just the board or BIOS....

    :

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •