Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte X58 UD5 Scanning BIOS image

Default Gigabyte X58 UD5 Scanning BIOS image

Award BootBlock BIOS 1.0

Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive...

Thats the message i got, and after that it just restarts and keeps doing the above. I've tried to boot with the HDD unplugged and the CD that came with it in the CD aswell but it hasen't worked

Thx in advance :D

Default Re: Gigabyte X58 UD5 Scanning BIOS image

bump

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please see this thread, sorry I can only stop in for a few seconds as I am on my way to work. There is a few recovery methods listed here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Please try clearing your CMOS as mentioned in the thread, and if you have a floppy try a blind flash.

If you dont get anywhere, I will be in tonight to give you last resort method before you will need to RMA.

You can also try pushing the reset button on the board MANY Times quickly while you turn the system on and off, this sometimes will kick in the screen where you can choose last known good. Same applies to trying to turn it on while shutting off the PSU from the switch on the back.

If you can't wait, please google X48 Unbricked it - and you will find the last resort method. Third link down in google, page 22 xtremesyetems. In that post go to page 21 and then down to post #520

Do pay special attention to what chip is what, as you want to be sure you are doing the MAIN and not the backup. The chips are the same for your board and this has saved MANY Boards from RMA.

If you can't find it with the above info I will be in later tonight to send you the link

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So did you get anywhere? Let us know so we can further advise you if need be

Thread Information