Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dual Channel Memory Problems

Default Re: Dual Channel Memory Problems

Yes, stick one fails memtest, 2 errors at 700 percent.

Stick two passes memtest, over 1000% coverage.

I'll repost tomorrow after installing the new hardware.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

About your deleted post, not sure if/how you solved it but I can say (In case others may read later) 4870/4890 often need a SB/ICH Voltage bump or boot errors can occur as the default voltage is not enough

So you all good now or do you still need some help with anything?

Sorry about that! I had an issue with booting, but realized that I hadn't correctly plugged in 1 of the 6 pins. It was a really dumb thing :)

Anyway, I'm now up and running quite successfully! I plan on stress testing this over the next week or so, but as of right now I'm error free and running some 3D apps at full bore! Gonna test out HAWX and eventually Crysis Warhead and see just how far I can push it.

I have yet to hear the GPU fan kick in... but I'm not overly concerned about it. The x64 drivers were installed correctly and ATI seems to think everything is lookin good. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

I want to say thanks again to all of those who helped out with this.There were times when I felt I had made a huge mistake by spending money on components instead of buying a pre-built rig. But, now that I look at the comparable price/specs for what's out there vs. what I've got, I'm happy I did it. Just as much, I'm happy to have had the learning experience. I've learned a TON about this stuff in the last 3 weeks, and am only encouraged now to build more complex systems in the future.

Thank you for the voltage tip as well. I'll keep my eyes open. Again, thanks, tweaktown!
    GA-EP45-UD3P
    Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
    G. Skill 2x2GB F2-8500CL5@2.1V
    ATI HD 4890
    Thermaltake M9 VI1000BWS Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
    CoolMax 6400@650Watts

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh well glad to hear all is well!

Pre-built always sucks and you get WAY LESS for your money, plus a locked BIOS as well.

Well enjoy your rig, and post back anytime if you need any help with anything else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information