Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-UD3P & GTX285 Problems?

FlyingHorse is offline Junior Member

Default Re: EP45-UD3P & GTX285 Problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Let me know how you like that controller, I am on the lookout for a new one.
    I finally got around to installing and testing out the Scythe Kaze Server and I must say that I am impressed with it. I upgraded my CPU and rear exhaust fans to a pair of 3000 RPM Scythe Fans the other 2 120mm fans are Scythe 1600 RPM S-Flex series and are in front of the drive cage. After several days of playing around with the temperature probe placements and the temperature set points I finally hit on something that works for me. I like the Semi-Auto setting on the controller because on full auto some of the fans would stop (like the CPU cooler!). Also the fans tended to fight each other.

On Semi-Auto settings all fans turn at the minimum RPM's you set and after the temperature threshold is crossed they spin up as needed. I used 2 probes in the drive bay, 1 on the CPU heatsink, and 1 on the NB heatsink. When running bench marks or doing other intensive tasks the fan speed starts increasing after about 30 seconds and are at full throttle around 75. Once the CPU returns to idle the fans throttle back after 40 seconds and finally return to the selected RPM after 105 seconds or so.

Those 3000 RPM fans do make a lot of noise when going full tilt with testing or gaming but when everything is all over they run whisper quiet and all without me having to do a thing

The only complaint I could make is about the display. My system sits on the floor so I can't read the panel just by looking down at it. I have to back away from the desk and actually lean over to read anything. When making adjustments I found it more convenient to sit on the floor
    Best regards,
    FlyingHorse

GA-EP45-UD3P Q9650 450x9@2.40B BIOS: F10
    G.Skill F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI (2GBx4) DDR2-1100
    EVGA 285GTX SSC Graphics + HP ZR24w + LG 32LH40
    HighPoint 2640x4 4-Port SAS RAID Controller
    Creative X-Fi ExtremeGamer Audio (PCI)
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 Dual Digital Tuners
    2 WD 150GB Raptors RAID 0
    1 2TB Caviar Black

3 1TB Caviar Blacks
    2 WD 500GB, 2 640GB, and 2 1TB Caviars in Icy Dock Mobile Racks
    LG GH22NS30 DVD Burner
    Lite-On iHOS104-08 Blu-ray Reader
    Corsair HX Series 1KW PSU
    Cooler Master ATCS 840 Full Tower
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3P & GTX285 Problems?

Thanks for giving your thoughts on that controller, it is one I have been looking at!

I am also eyeballing this one as well >>
    Lamptron FC-3 Controller - Black, 30 watts / 4 Channels

Actually, these were the Scyth ones I had been looking at, guess they are all different yet look similar
    Scythe KAZE MASTER ACE 5.25in. Bay Fan Controller
    Scythe KAZE MASTER 5.25in. Bay Fan Controller - Black

Also like this one, but I am leaning towards the first one I linked due to the outstanding looks of it
    Lamptron FC-2 - 45 Watts Per Channel 6 Channel Fan Controller - Black Products Model: FC-2-BK [FC-2-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information