Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-MA790X-UD4P and Realtek

Default Re: GA-MA790X-UD4P and Realtek

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    This was at the top of the page when I googled that error code: computerboom: Install Realtek Audio Driver Failure!! Error code: 0xE0000227
    Disabling the MS UAA Bus driver removed the (malfunctioning) HD Audio Device from the Sound Controller section. I installed the Realtek Driver and the ATI HDMI driver ... but now I have no audio device again.

Your DVD playback volume is probably nothing to do with this issue, no reason at all why it should be. You sometimes have the option of turning up volume in a program as well as on the task bar. These two volume controls may be independent of each other, ie one could be master volume and the other could be wave out volume.
    These are all linked in the ATI control panel - but I accept this is probably a different issue.
    GA-MA790X-UD4P, AMD 7850BE 2GB Kingston DDR800, Radeon HD4550, Antec 500W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Enable the correct sound device in control panel sounds yet? This may have been disabled in all these changes and driver removals

Its all greyed out. There are no audio devices to enable!

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I intended for you to only re-install the Realtek mobo driver. It seems that the ATI audio over HDMI driver is the culprit when it comes to missing sound, as before you installed it your sound was present.

Disabling the ATI device in Device Manager will then shut Windows up in regard to asking for drivers/auto installing on boot.

I too have an ATI card with sound over HDMI on-card. I'll be honest, I've never gotten it to work. I know my telly supports it (Toshiba Regza 26" 1366x768), but it won't play ball. I can't use the connection any way as the scaling is messed up resulting in a blury non native res effect and it randomly turns both screens grey, then BSOD's the PC, even with my O|C removed. With a VGA connector the TV limits me to 1024*768.

Definitely disable the ATI device, especially if not using HDMI.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    I intended for you to only re-install the Realtek mobo driver. It seems that the ATI audio over HDMI driver is the culprit when it comes to missing sound, as before you installed it your sound was present.

So, should I re-enable the MS UAA Bus Driver for HDA? There doesn't seem to be a way to get the audio device recognized without it.

CP > Remove Programs > Realtek 5.10 is the only audio driver listed. ATI CCC is there but that doesn't have the audio driver does it?

Under Device Mgr > no HD Audio device is listed

I too have an ATI card with sound over HDMI on-card. I'll be honest, I've never gotten it to work.

Definitely disable the ATI device, especially if not using HDMI.
    Yep - shoulda left bad enough alone! I was hoping to use the HDMI but I see now that hype could not sustain hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information