Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte EP45 DS3P Post Problem

Default Gigabyte EP45 DS3P Post Problem

Hi All,

Im looking for some help, I have this motherboard and its been working without issue for a couple of months. Today it wont boot, simply put it starts up there a click, not a beep, from the internal speaker and then it restarts. The process takes about 3 seconds and repeats endlessly. Looking at the Motherboard LEDs, The ACPI 0 LED is on and the CPU PHASE LEDS are all on. The only other light that comes on its the SYS FAN LED which briefly flashes. All fans do come on though. I've removed everything excluding a stick of ram (i have tried several) and the CPU, which i have reseated.

Any ideas?

CPU - Intel Core2 E6600
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA EP45 DS3P
    Memory - 4gb (4x 1GB) Geil PC2-6400
    Graphics Card - Ati 4670
    Hard Drive - 2 x Seagate Barracude 7200.12 in Raid 0
    Sound Card - Integrated
    Power Supply - Enermax Pro82+ 425W
    Case - Lian Li PC60
    CPU cooling - Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7
    GPU cooling - Stock
    OS - Win 7 RTM
    Last edited by TheBlueRaja; 08-20-2009 at 06:14 PM.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45 DS3P Post Problem

Any recent hardware or software changes?
    When was the last time that the inside of your computer case was cleaned?
    Verify that all cables and connections are fully seated by removing and replacing each one. You might need to remove and re-seat your memory, video card, and any other cards, possibly after trying steps 1 - 5.
    If it still won't boot, try the following:

1) With your computer off, turn off the power to the psu by using the psu's on/off switch.
    2) Unplug the external power cord from the psu.
    3) Press and hold the computer case's on/off switch for 10 seconds.
    4) Leave your computer in this state for 15 minutes or longer.
    5) Hook everything back up and turn on your computer.
    You might have to perform these steps several times.

If this doesn't help, you will need to clear your cmos & possibly the mobo battery, this would be step "3a)" above.

As a last resort, you'll need to perform a minimalist boot:

Disconnect everything that isn't required to boot, including:
    Hard Drives, floppy drives, cd/dvd drives
    Mouse
    All USB devices including the mouse and keyboard
    All add-in PCI cards.

You want to boot only with your cpu and heat sink, PS2 keyboard, video card and only 1 memory module. That's it.
    Make sure that all cables are installed properly and fully seated, including the ATX12v 4- or 8-pin connector.

As a last resort, you'll need to remove your mobo from the computer case where you'll set the mobo on a box or stack of books next to the case and repeat the minimalist boot procedure, possibly with different memory, video card, psu, etc.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Let us know what is going on, and if you need further advice. I'd start by clearing your CMOS as mentioned above, my suggested method is posted in post # 2 here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Sorry for not getting back to you, i've had a number of computer issues recently which got on top of me.

The issue was the motherboard, i took the motherboard, CPU, Memory etc upto my parents house and stripped down their machine, trying all my components in their motherboard, every one of them worked no bother.

I then tried their stuff in my motherboard and got the same issue, so that ruled out the PSU, Memory and the CPU.

CMOS was cleared anyway, its easy to do on that board as theres a handy button for it, and like i said there was no overclocking so i didnt hold up much hope for that anyway.

Its now on its way to Gigabyte for an RMA who were bloody quick about it.

Only slight niggle is that they charge a tenner for an RMA which is a bit off but hey at least i get another board.

Sorry to hear you had to RMA, but glad to see they were quick about it for you.

What is a tenner, and why did they charge you? Are you sure about why? Often they only charge for NPF (No Problem Found) so I thought I better ask you to be sure as they may send you back the same working board if you see NPF Listed anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to RMA, but glad to see they were quick about it for you.

What is a tenner, and why did they charge you? Are you sure about why? Often they only charge for NPF (No Problem Found) so I thought I better ask you to be sure as they may send you back the same working board if you see NPF Listed anywhere
    Sorry, a tenner is 10 english pounds, around $17.

The reason - you'll like this...

"Please also note (unless you are a re-seller), you
    will incur a fee of 10 inc. VAT per item if you choose to deal direct with us (the
    manufacturer) rather than your original supplier. This fee is only payable by cheque
    or postal order. Cash is accepted but the sender should use Registered post for
    this. This fee is not a fee for repairs carried out under warranty. This fee is to
    cover our courier costs of sending the item back to yourself. To avoid this fee,
    you have the option of contacting your original supplier or bringing/collecting the
    item to our premises on a agreed date. If the original supplier cannot be contacted,
    the fee still stands as we have to cover our courier and admin costs."

So because im out of warranty with the original supplier, even though im under warranty with Gigabyte they want 10 for me to have it processed.

Ahh I see. Hmm, well that rule for payment must only apply to your area then, as here in the US the pay for shipping back to the user unless there is a NPF

Ahh well it isn't too much anyway, and sounds like they are giving you quick service so that is good.

Thread Information