Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen MB Startup Screen

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Frozen MB Startup Screen

Sorry buddy!

tRAS should be 24 not 9. I wrote out 9 for all those because I was unsure if you were manually setting them or using Auto.

The left side, or auto as most think, you can't manually change nor is this always/often what auto uses. So basically you can always ignore what you see on the left of the BIOS

I'd go ahead and update first, then get a stock profile saved after your normally BIOS Update procedure. Then you can start making changes.

Please see here if you are unsure about any of the update process >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Hi; thanks again for the reply.

So you recommend updating the BIOS first before making any changes to memory timings and voltages? Will do

I've got the F4 BIOS downloaded. From the link you provided about the "Flash Guide".......what's all that about "Please DO NOT USE @BIOS!!" I hadn't heard of it til this point. From the description, it sounds like a definite no-no.

Anyway.......I actually still have a floppy drive with the 'ole 1.44MB disks. Should I use this to put the BIOS on and then flash it when in the BIOS?

Or, I've also got USB ports and a 512MB USB drive. It's not a bootable flash drive; I've just got a variety of docs, files, and programs on it.

But from what I read in the flash guide, it doesn't have to be a bootable flash drive, right?

So which do you think? Which is simplest? Floppy drive or USB? I definitely want to steer away from turning my motherboard into a brick!!

Thanks,
    Pez

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I do recommend you update the BIOS first.

And yes, PLEASE do not use @BIOS. You can use Qflash with USB or Floppy. USB Does not need to be bootable at all, although you can do it from DOS on a bootable USB you dont have to.

Just go in the BIOS with your USB Connected and the BIOS file on the USB Stick, then press F8 on the MAIN Page of the BIOS and you will be taken to Qflash. Then look through HDD or HD and you should find your USB Stick. Images shown in the guide of what to look for when using USB in Qflash. You must also be sure Legacy USB Storage detect is enabled in the BIOS, if you did not disable it then it already is enabled but check anyway.

I use USB myself, either from DOS (Bootable) use just directly from Qflash

You will be fine, just use Qflash and you won't have any issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information