Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H

Question Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H

I am trying to decide on a purchase of a Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H and am looking for any suggestions, ideas, or any help as such.

I also looked at the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO as an option as well.

Anyone?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rand; 08-25-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H

What do you need to know? We have a few members here who can help with AMD if that is what you mean.

If you are just looking for suggestions of if the board is good or not, I am sure it is as Gigabyte makes great boards!

I am looking for more help on choosing which board...or even another 785G board.

Ultimately I am wondering which 785G board is the best choice and/or option out there?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh sorry i don't have much AMD Knowledge, hopefully one of our AMD Guys will stop in to help you decide.

Really though the chipsets are the same, I mean if you want 785G, you just have to decide what additional features you want such as extra heatsinks, USB Ports, PCIE Slots, ect. That is where the model name variations come from, extra enhancements

Question Re: Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H

I'm still looking for some help in this decision between 785G motherboards. I know I want the SidePort Memory feature...other then that its sort of up in air...I would say at present I'm more heavily looking/leaning toward the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO...since it has the SidePort and more PCI slots. Although has anyone tested the Gigabyte 785G vs. Asus 785G boards?
    Last edited by Rand; 08-26-2009 at 04:45 AM.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

It seems that the ASUS board has 8+1 power phases rather than the 4+1 of the Gigabyte. If you're lanning on over clocking then it could make a difference. Note that although the ASUS has two PCIe slots one can only be used at 4x, which makes it pretty much useless for a Crossfire setup (8x is needed to prevent bottlenecking).

I much prefer the colour scheme of the ASUS. I think that's how a predominantly blue themed board should look. In contrast the Gigabyte is in its typical "Play School Stickle Bricks" kind of shades. Colour schemes are personal tastes though, and I know others love the Gigabyte colours, which is fair enough. If it's going in a case with solid sides then it doesn't matter any way.

From personal experience and past performances I'd still go with the Gigabyte board. If buying a case at the same time, I'd definitely not get one with a window though (personal taste).

Just to note, the M4A785TD-V EVO is the full ATX version, if you require mATX like the Gigabyte you mentioned then that's the M4A785TD-M EVO
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Ya, I was aware of the 4x slot....but I'm pretty sure if I go with the Asus board I would prolly only hybrid crossfire with the iGPU and a GPU rather then 2 GPUs...anyways. I think mainly I'm trying to decide as a whole quality wise even....I also read something about the Gigabyte boards as follows:

"It turns out that in retail boards and with the current 9.8 (8.634a) driver set that an audio block exists which limits LPCM output to two-channels. In other words, the 785G is no different from the 780G/790GX chipsets in this regard." "For most users, this will not matter, as two-channel LPCM is available along with 5.1 S/PDIF audio outputs through the HDMI port. However, for the serious HTPC crowd, the lack of multi-channel LPCM is a huge drawback when selecting a platform that will be the centerpiece of your media center." " did this mistake happen? It is a long story we are still unraveling, but I will provide what we know at this point. One of the first items I checked in testing our early pre-production 785G boards/drivers was multi-channel LPCM output. This feature worked based on the application setup, BIOS release, and driver setup we had at the time. In fact, as part of our testing we captured a couple of screenshots and took a quick photo of our A/V receiver indicating PCM direct output on eight channels.
    AMD believes at this point that it was an error on the audio output stream or we were actually receiving S/PDIF audio output but the actual signal (flag) was misinterpreted by our hardware/software setup. Another theory is that we received multi-channel output through the Realtek ALC 889a audio codec on the Gigabyte board, however we did not load the Realtek drivers but it is something we are currently testing."

It reads as AMD 785G boards as a whole....but in forums and such it seems it is more narrowed to Gigabyte 785G boards. Asus boards forums seem to show everything working with no problems.....aside from occasional defects.....which happens on all companies boards.

Default Re: Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H:: DISAPOINTED

Have used this Gigabyte MB a year
    I am disapointed in the Gigabyte support and features
    in comparison with my DFI LP nF4U.

For the Gigabyte GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H
    _SATA-AHCI (non-RAID) does not boot and SATA not recognized by XP-Pro-SP3
    (with latest F6 drivers installed at setup and BIOS: F3, F5, or F7).
    _no onboard LEDs for power, diagnostics, etc.
    [SIZE=3]_BIOS is lacking (in my opinion) in a few options and munual support
    [SIZE=3]_Gigabyte Q&A and online support answers questions with more questions.

Would rather have DFI, ASUS, MSI.

den

Last edited by denkile; 11-01-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information