Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: bios help non over clocked newbie

Default bios help non over clocked newbie

I have an intel q9550 quad core, 2*2gb of pc2 8500 ddr2 1066mhz ram, and a gtx 260 core 192 all on an ga ep45 ud3r revision 1.1 gigabyte p45 motherboard. Are there some settings I should change in the bios or should i just leave it alone, I don't plan to over clock any time soon.

Default Re: bios help non over clocked newbie

Thats a pretty good computer that should last you a long time :) If you are not having any problems, leave it alone. If you start having problems, you may need to flash bios ("update" bios to newest version). This tends to be tricky though and its real easy to totally wreck your motherboard this way. I'd leave it as is for now.
    i7 920 D0
    Gigabyte UD4P Bios F9c

I will leave it as it is thanks for your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes if you are stable and have no issues then there is no need to change things unless you want to.

But you may need to set your own memory multiplier so your ram is running at 1066 instead of 800, and you may need to set your ram voltage and MCH Voltage.

As said above though, if you are not having any issues you can safely leave things alone if you wish

BIOS flashing is pretty simple and safe if done properly, should you ever want to update your BIOS please read this guide I wrote for Qflash it will help you see how it is done and how easy it is
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes if you are stable and have no issues then there is no need to change things unless you want to.

But you may need to set your own memory multiplier so your ram is running at 1066 instead of 800, and you may need to set your ram voltage and MCH Voltage.

As said above though, if you are not having any issues you can safely leave things alone if you wish

BIOS flashing is pretty simple and safe if done properly, should you ever want to update your BIOS please read this guide I wrote for Qflash it will help you see how it is done and how easy it is
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    +1 for the guide :D Its a great tool, i should have mentioned it.
    i7 920 D0
    Gigabyte UD4P Bios F9c

How would I check the mhz my memory is running at and how should I adjust the multiplier?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You can look in the Memory Tab of CPU-z to verify your ram speed, NOT the SPD Tab
    CPUID

Your memory multi is in the MIT Section of your BIOS, this is the exact wording
    System Memory Multiplier

Under timings in the memory tab it shows dram frequency. Is that what i'm looking for becuase its only 533.9mhz

Thread Information