Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is there on option in bios to keep turbo on all the time on an x58 board?

Default Is there on option in bios to keep turbo on all the time on an x58 board?

I heard that this is a feature on a few other brands of boards, but didn't find it on my ud5. Is this a possibility?

Default Re: Is there on option in bios to keep turbo on all the time on an x58 board?

You should be able to raise your multiplier by 1 over the stock multiplier in the M.I.T. menu, which is just what Turbo does.

But keeping Turbo on all the time is practically overclocking, and doing that technically voids your warranty (since the CPU is not running as intended by Intel). Practically though Intel has no way of knowing you did it (same goes for all "normal" overclocking) :)

Default Re: Is there on option in bios to keep turbo on all the time on an x58 board?

The highest the multiplier can be set in BIOS is 20.

I hust noticed this as well on my Core i5, I'm sure there is a way to set the multi to 21 though. I'll do some searching and will tell you when I find out.

Since they removed the TDP limit in the newer BIOS's, you can use turbo "all the time".

Set multi to x20, Turbo = ON, Disable C1E, C2/C3...., EIST, and you should be running with the x21 multi "all the time"
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

it seems like it does, but once I get the bclk up high, it drops...oh well, guess I just have to figure out something to run that will raise it back to 21, but not take up much CPU usage

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have a ES CPU? Or are you using a older Easytune?

If neither of those apply to you then the 21 multi should always remain at 21 if you have turbo enable and C1E and EIST disabled.

The two mentioned things above are the only things I have known to cause it to drop from 21, cept maybe older BIOS's though

Thread Information