Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Default Re: EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Hi L
    In reply to your post
    Can you ignore trend micro's warning? Since spybot is stand alone there should not be any issues, so I was just wondering if it is a warning only or if it will not let you install? If it wont at all, you may need to just disable/turn off trend micro for the install process.
    I am not sure I can ignore the warning but I could install it after Trendmicro Int sec. Maybe that would work right now I do not have it installed.
    I am trying to coax the graphics card to a single IRQ without much success I will say. Right now Graphics card is sharing a IRQ with the Intel 4 series chipset PCI express root port and Intel ICH10 Family USB universal host controller and Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller.
    Any ideas how to get the graphics controller on its own IRQ or is this impossible? Just curious and testing with this board as I will try again with the EP45-DS3R board I have.
    I thought I could use a custom install procedure where certain devices are enabled one at a time. Or trying uninstalling ACPI and reinstalling as Non ACPI See Page 34 of TGTCversion3.4 (tweakguides tweaking companion). This last method is only a desperate last resort and may not give the desired results. There are other methods.
    You may want to look into making mirror backups of your clean install, that way it will only take you 5-10 minutes to reinstall should you ever need to again. I use Acronis True Image myself, but there are many other tools that will do the same.
    Defintly a possibility, thanks for the suggestion. I just saw an update offer from Acronis True image for about 30.00 Maybe I will take advantage of the offer.
    I am well aware of the Tea timer problems and will not use it. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the interesting reading that should keep me busy for a while. Installing Trend Micro is next as well as diskeeper. This time I will completely disable TM int sec while installing programs.
    UPDATED POST 9-18-61 Here is the install plan: 1a Finish windows updating. 1b Installed USB functions 1c Install printer. 2a Possible Image backup (if I buy Trueimage update). 3. Install TrendMicro IS and disable most of functionality while installing programs(but while on the internet enable protection of course ) 4. Attempt to install Spybot S&D (will update of course) PS dont worry about the IRQ problem as I will mainly be using that for the EP45-DS3R board and the 8800 GTS. Thanks Tons L You are the King
    By the way here is the link for my RAM XP2-8500 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced
    Its the 996599 Dual pack.
    Thanks again L
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-18-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: sp, info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Is the IRQ Share causing you issues? If not then you can safely ignore it. If it is, you may need to move it to a different slot to see if you can get a different shared IRQ, or adjust the IRQ easier from another slot

On the PnP page of the BIOS, if you hit control + F1 on the MAIN Page BEFORE you enter this section you will find additional IRQ Settings

There is a few free programs that can mirror your drive, if you would like me to find you those instead let me know

If you have issues with Spybot and Trend, but really want to try it out. Go in safe mode, this way trend and your internet should be disabled. That should allow you to complete the install I would think.

On a side note, do you really like trend, or is it something you paid for? I ask because there are many other better virus programs out there, that will not tell you that you can't install something just because of their own personal beliefs.

Mushkin makes superb memory, a great choice you have made there :)

Is the IRQ Share causing you issues? If not then you can safely ignore it. If it is, you may need to move it to a different slot to see if you can get a different shared IRQ, or adjust the IRQ easier from another slot
    No IRQ is not causing issues and I guess I can safley ignore it. I can not move the Video device to a different slot due to the UD3LR has only one PCIe video slot but the other board I have I can move it to a PCIe x8 slot I think (dont quote me on that).
    On the PnP page of the BIOS, if you hit control + F1 on the MAIN Page BEFORE you enter this section you will find additional IRQ Settings
    Yes I tried the settings that are listed first but not the other ones where you can choose what uses that PCI (device?) Dont worry about this now L. I was just testing the way I installed with certain devices disabled, like the USB devices. Then I would enable certain reserved (IRQs??) or PCI devices in the BIOS and hope that the devices would used the newly enabled (IRQ) or PCI device. However this experiment did not work.
    There is a few free programs that can mirror your drive, if you would like me to find you those instead let me know
    No thats ok I found Nero has a all in one suite that will burn DVDs and backup my OS. Or update True Image Home like I said before(30.00$ US) However T Image asks extra for a updating service and program and tech support(60.00-90.00 for all services).
    If you have issues with Spybot and Trend, but really want to try it out. Go in safe mode, this way trend and your internet should be disabled. That should allow you to complete the install I would think.
    On a side note, do you really like trend, or is it something you paid for? I ask because there are many other better virus programs out there, that will not tell you that you can't install something just because of their own personal beliefs.
    Yeah I know what you are saying, but yes I did pay for it and have three licenses. I will try the safe mode install of Spybot. They only other program I have access to is McAffee internet security thru ATT ISP but it also says to uninstall Spybot. I believe someone stated that Mcaffee is more intrusive and may leave its tentacles even after uninstall.
    Hey L can I get some BIOS settings help whenever you can fit it in???
    I already know to set it to 2.0 volts in the BIOS for the RAM and I will read the overclocking tutorial, in this forum this afternoon, if have time.
    PS I will make sure to update the BIOS to F7 today

Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-20-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: add info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Ahh well ya, if you are not having issues then it is nothing to worry about at all.

True image update service? What do you mean by that? You should just be able to purchase then download the upgrade and install it

Ya, I can give you some settings when I get back in tonight, please let me know what FSB you want to run

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well ya, if you are not having issues then it is nothing to worry about at all.

True image update service? What do you mean by that? You should just be able to purchase then download the upgrade and install it

Ya, I can give you some settings when I get back in tonight, please let me know what FSB you want to run
    I have never overclocked this board so I dont know what it will run
    -on the FSB. But stability is important and keeping the PC cool too I had one overheat with a 8800 GTS one time LOL thanks and enjoy your afternoon.

Ahh, hmmm..... Well I have not used Q8200, so we are at a standstill then!

Surely we can get you to 2.6 or 3Ghz, I'll get you some settings to try out tonight

Here try these for 3Ghz, if it's too hot then you will need to back down to 2.6-2.8 likely.

Code:
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto or Fast
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 7
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 3Ghz

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 429 Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.40B or 2.66D
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1029 / 1141
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................5
    tRCD .........................................5
    tRP'...........................................5
    tRAS..........................................15/18

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first.  Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................3-4
    tWTR..........................................3-6
    tWR............................................4-8
    tRFC...........................................52-64
    tRTP...........................................3-5
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................ 1066

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Channel B
    Static tRead Value.........................:6/7-10 333/B MCH - 8/9-12 400/D MCH
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Motherboard Voltage Control

CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….........................:1.28-1.34

CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: 1.225-1.32

CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: << 1.5-1.54

CPU Referen.…………....0.755V*.......: <<< .64% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

CPU Reference2………,,0.800V*.......:<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.2-1.24 (If you have issues try less than stock)
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< Leave
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< Leave

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 2.0-2.1
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Thanks Tons, L you the Man

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So, any progress yet? Just checking in with you
    Well Where do I start Hmmmm.......I will list the timeline of problems that I have experienced.
    After reading the BIOS Overclocking guide it stated that I should flash the BIOS first. Updated the BIOS and referred to the BIOS update sticky, even loaded optimised defaults after flashing as well. The flash did have a stumble after it updated and rebuilt or recovered then went into BIOS. I thought something was wrong so I reflashed the BIOS just the be sure. Then I started to setup the BIOS for the baseline evaluation. Here I am looking at the Graph paper and doing that. In the mean time I had a Blue screen of death error at about 7pm this evening. Only thing is that I updated at windows update with the latest updates. I will look at windows update history for the updates, soon. Thought I turned of Trend Micro AV scanner most eveything is disabled in TM too(during installation of updates). The error message is 0x0000007F etc. then it said most likely was a memory problem but could be video adapter too. Running a memory checker was advised too. Advised to try another video card too.
    BIOS version is F7 from the GIgabyte website I think. Going back to evaluation the baseline and all recording. After setting baseline I want to save to floppy instead of hard drive as not sure if saving to HD will work with AHCI drives. I am not sure I can save BIOS to the hard drive but I still have that BIOS feature enabled, just in case. You know the one where it will save and load BIOS info(to hard drive) in event of a crash or BIOS failure? calling it a night cuz I am very tired

Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-25-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: update

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information