Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will be busy a day or so in the memory section (Reviews Now Live)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default I will be busy a day or so in the memory section (Reviews Now Live)

Hi guys, thanks for all your continued support!!

Just wanted to let you know that I am working on trying to get two memory reviews posted up tonight and may not reply as usual to many of your posts.

I will try to get these finished up and made visible for all to view tonight, if not hopefully by tomorrow night.

I will be back in full support mode as soon as I am finished posting these reviews. The are overdue so I must try to get them out ASAP, one is VERY LONG overdue!!

Thanks again for your understanding and I hope that you can find some help through others or via search until I am able to reply to you all again.

See you soon, and again thanks for all your support here it is most appreciated
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-03-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: I will be busy a day or so in the memory section.....

No problem...hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. I am the guy who gave you my PC specs earlier yesterday morning for Overclocking my i7 Set-Up. Thanks

I look forward to reading the reviews.

I'm guessing they'll be on DDR3? That's cool. I'm seriously considering an upgrade to P55 & i5 for Christmas and would like some nice 1333/1600 RAM to go with it.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Yeap, both are DDR3 1600Mhz kits.

Crucial Ballistix Blue Tracer
    BL3KIT25664TB1608 - 6GB kit (2GBx3), Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs) , DDR3 PC3-12800 from Crucial.com

Mushkin 998679
    XP3-12800 DDR3 - Mushkin Enhanced

Mushkin one is pretty much done now, doing some final look overs tonight is all. And then tonight I will be putting up the Crucial one, hopefully I can get it finished up in one night as I HATE getting behind here, it makes me feel VERY BAD!!

Crucial one will be shorter and not as involved because the kit did not fair nearly as well as the Mushkin one, but DAMN does it look sweet in action!! I am going to try to add a video if this site permits, if not I will have to add a .gif and hyperlink that to a Youtube video as still images do not give them any justice, nor did my camera (Couldn't get the shimmer/shine to show up in images).

Hope you like the reviews! I am trying to get better at doing them, and quicker it's the hardest part for me as I am always so busy with everything. I may get to do some GFX Reviews soon, so wish me luck!

Last night on this guys!! Sorry about all my delays and the hassle I may cause by being away.

I am SO SLOW at these things, and I am not sure why either

Should for sure finish up tonight and be back in tomorrow evening.

Hope everyone enjoys the reviews and or finds them helpful.

Any helpful tips on reviews would be appreciated via PM, always could use some nice advice.

Thanks

My reviews are now live!!

Thanks to everyone who helps in my absence, and to those who also help when I am around!

If you read my reviews, please feel free to leave a comment or two on them, you may do so in the review threads or here. Link to reviews are in my signature, or just stop by the memory section of the forum.

Thanks, see you all tonight
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-03-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Default Re: I will be busy a day or so in the memory section (Reviews Now Live)

Great review which brings up a question. Why is your Everest benchmark scores higher than mine with higher mem settings and a higher OC. I have the Mushkin 998691 kit.
    Probably too simple for me to figure out but I am curious.

Attachment 1528
    i7 920 DO @ 4410 210*21 Watercooled
    Gigabyte GA-Ex58 ud4p
    3X2gb Mushkin DDR3 1600
    2x4870 1GB Ati Crossfire.
    Intel X-25M SSD OS drive
    G.Skill Titan 128gb SSD X2 RAID 0 Data
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    Windows 7 x64 7600

I would imagine just the 10Mhz more Bclk itself, which as you said brings you to a higher overclock overall. Bclk, like FSB, brings in a lot higher scores in a benchmark than just pure Mhz freq.

I'd suspect if I set mine to that Blck then our scores would be more similar, I only ran at 200 Bclk to try and keep things in similar ranges.

Of course these are not the same kits, but likely the same IC's only your redlines were of higher overall quality, so you can likely push the same clocks as I did with 998679 should you ever want to for benchmarks.

Thanks for your comment!!

It often seem that I only get a few comments on my reviews, and that always makes me wonder if I didn't do a good job on them, or if something else is wrong with them. Maybe I am just to critical on myself?

Feel free to ask anything you like, and I will try to answer best I can.

Off to work shortly, see you all tonight when I get back home!

I noticed that your Uncore was at 3600MHz, if genec57's was at 3200MHz that could be why you are seeing a difference in bandwidth.

People not making a lot of comments on your review is a good sign, means that you covered the material so well that they don't have any questions.
    Mushkin Enhanced comes alive...

Need help with your Mushkin Product? Click Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information