Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Fresh From RMA

Default Board Fresh From RMA

Won't POST. It will not let me into BIOS/CMOS setup or anything. When I bought this board it did this. I sent it back to Gigabyte, they repaired it or whatever and sent it back. S/N's match so I know it's the same board. I cannot make it run, it's stuck in a vicious cycle of trying to boot for about 2 seconds each time, but fails each time.
    What do I try now???

Mobo is Gigabyte X58 UD4P Rev 1.0
    CPU - i7 920 D0
    3Gb DDR3 1600 < Corsair Dominator TR3X3G1600C8D G
    9800GTX Superclocked
    Water - have also tried air..
    PSU is PC Power & Cooling 910W Silencer

:
    Last edited by caintry_boy; 09-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Default Re: Board Fresh From RMA

I'm not the guy to help you, but I can tell you that without more information I doubt that any one here can. Information as to your motherboard model would be a major asset. You should also include your power supply information as well as CPU, RAM, and video card info. Good luck!

Edit: I do see that you have a long running thread that probably contains all of the relevant information somewhere in it. You should still list your specs here as most people are not going to search for the information required. A signature with your specs may come in handy if you are only currently concerned with the system at hand.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 09-02-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I just replied in your other post, hope it helps ya some!

Did you check CLOSE for bent CPU pins? Tried the Intel Stock cooler yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    I'm not the guy to help you, but I can tell you that without more information I doubt that any one here can. Information as to your motherboard model would be a major asset. You should also include your power supply information as well as CPU, RAM, and video card info. Good luck!

Edit: I do see that you have a long running thread that probably contains all of the relevant information somewhere in it. You should still list your specs here as most people are not going to search for the information required. A signature with your specs may come in handy if you are only currently concerned with the system at hand.
    Edited first Post

:

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I just replied in your other post, hope it helps ya some!

Did you check CLOSE for bent CPU pins? Tried the Intel Stock cooler yet?
    I see nothing Herr Colonel, nothing.....

have u tried a different psu, memory?
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    Intel i7 920 D0 3.8Ghz 181x21 1.24375Vcore 1.195QPI/Vtt
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 push-pull, vertically mounted
    3x2GB G.Skill DD3 1600 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 8-8-8-21-1T 1.54v
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SLI 700-1500-1200
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in Raid 0, 64KB stripes, 250GB short stroke
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Antec 1200 Gamer Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by DankBuddha View Post
    have u tried a different psu, memory?
    No, PSU and RAM are known good. Board is known bad.

:

If you just recieved it back from RMA, unless gigabyte were negligent, you can't really say the board is known bad. If they tested it and had it working then the oposite is true.

Regardless of the PSU and RAM being known to work on another board, they may very well be incompatible with your UD4P.

The only way to really confirm the board as faulty and get another RMA is to swap out as many components as you can. It may be difficult to get hold of another COU to test, but RAM and a PSU should be relatively easy.

Also try booting with just a single stick and no disk drives connected.

Step by step testing like this is the only real way to find out for sure. Otherwise you may assume it's the board and keep RMAing it and having the same issue until you get tired and potentially waste money on another brand/model.

I know it's anoying, but step by step testing is the only way to go. After you do that, if it still doesn't work, I'd really complain VERY strongly to the place it was RMA'd to, as in this case they obviously messed up if all the testing draws a blank.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    If you just recieved it back from RMA, unless gigabyte were negligent, you can't really say the board is known bad. If they tested it and had it working then the oposite is true.

Regardless of the PSU and RAM being known to work on another board, they may very well be incompatible with your UD4P.

The only way to really confirm the board as faulty and get another RMA is to swap out as many components as you can. It may be difficult to get hold of another COU to test, but RAM and a PSU should be relatively easy.

Also try booting with just a single stick and no disk drives connected.

Step by step testing like this is the only real way to find out for sure. Otherwise you may assume it's the board and keep RMAing it and having the same issue until you get tired and potentially waste money on another brand/model.

I know it's anoying, but step by step testing is the only way to go. After you do that, if it still doesn't work, I'd really complain VERY strongly to the place it was RMA'd to, as in this case they obviously messed up if all the testing draws a blank.
    I had 2 boards exactly the same. PSU, RAM and CPU, vid cards all worked on the 2nd board (took it up to 4.2Ghz) but not on this board.
    I'm going to complain very loudly, yes indeed.

Well, I sent this motherboard back to Gigabyte again and just received an email from them. They claim it's physically damaged and the warranty is void. Included a picture of the screw hole next to the Front Panel Connectors that is supposedly damaged. Now then, I only had this board in a case once, and I'm not famous for torquing down screws on mobo's so that it does damage.

I consider this bacically the "shaft" and replied that I will never buy another Gigabyte product, ever.

'Nuff said!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information