Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EX58-UD4P and Suspend

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD4P and Suspend

@Gokuboo

Please remove your sound card and test, drivers as well, many sound cards have been known to not be fully compatible and or cause random issues.

So please do that as a test.

@ Wlk and everyone
    As said above you must be using the latest BIOS to resume from S3. Please update to the latest BIOS here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Please use Qflash to update, here is a guide with tips and procedures for a safe flash >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

@Lsdmeasap Do you have a cape on when you give out advice?! I did as you suggested and you were exactly right! I did have a problem with the PowerDVD but I fixed that as I've said in the previous post. I pulled out the sound card and sleep via Power Management worked exactly how it should!

Now for the next question (I know you knew it was coming) can I fix this issue some way? Thank you again for helping me narrow down to what the problem truly is!
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F13
    CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 3.8Ghz
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 TR3X6G1600C8D 8-8-8-24-1T
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Graphics card: EVGA GTX 480 SC in SLI
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000w
    HDD: 2x SSD Intel x25-M 80GB G2 Raid 0/ 2x Seagate 1.5 TB Raid 1
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives:LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH08LS20, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L
    Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Mouse: Logitech G9
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuboo View Post
    @Lsdmeasap Do you have a cape on when you give out advice?! I did as you suggested and you were exactly right! I did have a problem with the PowerDVD but I fixed that as I've said in the previous post. I pulled out the sound card and sleep via Power Management worked exactly how it should!

Now for the next question (I know you knew it was coming) can I fix this issue some way? Thank you again for helping me narrow down to what the problem truly is!
    Yes, actually, most of the time I have on my trusty Silver and Blue Anti-Static Cape

How could you tell?

Hmm, well some cards just are not compatible at all, and I never use sound cards so not sure what to advise other than a different one maybe?

You can try assigning different IRQ's, but that may be of no help at all really.

Other than that, if voltages and or other BIOSes do not correct it then the card is just not compatible and you will need to either not use it, not use S3, or grab a different card.

Now, when you did the test did you test both things separately? I mean test with the card only removed first, then the drivers removed as well second? Could just be a driver issue is why I wondered. So if you did not test like that, you may want to in case it is simply a driver because if so you could try older ones

Do you have this device set to be able to resume the system from the device manager power management tab?

Can you reinstall the card and drivers and run a check for me? If so, then please do the following >>>

1. Open the Run Dialog (Windows Key + R)
    2. Open a command window (CMD in the Run Box)
    3. Type "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" (Without the quotes)

Then post an image of what is shown in this window. Just want to see if you have something out of the ordinary listed for the card to be able to wake the system or something like that. Please also tell me what device and how you are trying to wake the system that is failing

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    @Gokuboo
    @ Wlk and everyone
    As said above you must be using the latest BIOS to resume from S3. Please update to the latest BIOS here >>
    I tried latest bios, but unfortunately it just behaves strange, cant get stable O/C results as with F8. Dont know why, my computer just crashes and crashes on any settings but default ones.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P. Bios ver. F8
    CPU: Intel i7 920 D0 3.6Ghz
    CPU fan: TR IFX-14
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    Graphics card: Asus Nvidia GTX 260 TOP
    PSU: Enermax PRO80 620W
    HDD: 1x WD 320GB 3xSamsung F1 640 (ex Raid5)
    Case: Chieftec Dragon series

@Wlk Does it crash when updating the new bios or when the new bios is installed? If it's while installing the new bios, you need to set bios to Default first. Then download new version. Did you turn off Turbo when redoing your OC? This too can be forgotten when redoing your OC. Can you get any sort of stable OC on your system at all with new bios?
    Sound card: PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Liquid Cooling: Koolance CPU-360, 2x VID-NX480, Koolance copper 360 radiator, Reservoir and Pump RP-1000BK Silver

@Lsdmeasap I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers a lot of times and older drivers have issues. The latest drivers are the best so far but still with one issue that I've found. With the test the first thing I did was pull out the sound card and sleep worked via power management so I stopped at that.

"Do you have this device set to be able to resume the system from the device manager power management tab?" The issue isn't resume from sleep that works fine. The problem is not being able to put system to sleep via power management ex: 1 minute or 1 hour etc. Or do I misunderstand your question? I didn't see an option to control my sound card from power management, closest thing I saw was PCI Express>Link State Power Management. Right now it's set to Off...I don't know what it does.

Here is the image you requested:
    Last edited by Gokuboo; 09-10-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlk View Post
    I tried latest bios, but unfortunately it just behaves strange, cant get stable O/C results as with F8. Dont know why, my computer just crashes and crashes on any settings but default ones.
    Hmm, did you try to tweak things? Just wondering if you decided this based on the fact that your previous settings failed? If so, don't! You can't expect older BIOS settings to work always in a new BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuboo View Post
    @Lsdmeasap I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers a lot of times and older drivers have issues. The latest drivers are the best so far but still with one issue that I've found. With the test the first thing I did was pull out the sound card and sleep worked via power management so I stopped at that.

"Do you have this device set to be able to resume the system from the device manager power management tab?" The issue isn't resume from sleep that works fine. The problem is not being able to put system to sleep via power management ex: 1 minute or 1 hour etc. Or do I misunderstand your question? I didn't see an option to control my sound card from power management, closest thing I saw was PCI Express>Link State Power Management. Right now it's set to Off...I don't know what it does.

Here is the image you requested:
    Sorry, I think I was confused about all that when I replied. I don't think your card should be able to resume the system.

It is odd to see two keyboard devices listed though

Looks to me like this card itself is just not compatible, what I suggest you do it ask Gigabyte Tech if they can look into testing this and maybe get a future BIOS that is compatible, otherwise you may need to not use the card or get a different one. Onboard sound works great I think, have you tested it out? Here is Gigabyte Tech, see if they can or have tested that card and this board >>
    GA Support

Hey, please explain what you mean by "put system to sleep via power management"

@Lsdmeasap "Hey, please explain what you mean by "put system to sleep via power management" It just means putting my system to sleep on a schedule. As if I forget to put my system to sleep it will do it on it's own in a hour or whatever time I choose for it to go to sleep. I'll contact Gigabyte and see what they say.

I really need to learn how to make these images smaller... >.<
    Last edited by Gokuboo; 09-11-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Ahh, I got ya. Just wanted to be sure of what you meant.

Let us know what they say about the card, seems to me as of now it is not compatible from your testing results.

Still waiting on costumer support but... I FIGURED IT OUT! After a lot of uninstalling/reinstalling,trouble shooting,searching... and hair pulling (I'm bald now). The problem is the Encoder (Dolby Digital Live or D.T.S.). When it's enabled that's when the sleep function won't work with the timer. When its disabled (Turned to off) Sleep works perfectly with the timer.

I've contacted costumer support to let them know of the issue. No response yet. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, I would think not. Any Ideas? Thank you for all of your help. With the tips from this forum and my own research I was able to find the root issue of my problem!

I hope this information helps someone so they don't have to go through all of the pain I did .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information