Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex58 ud3r + gtx295

Default Ex58 ud3r + gtx295

Hi all. was trolling the forums for this but couldnt find anything so heres my situation.
    Recently bought new comp:
    CPU : Intel iCore 920
    MOBO: GA EX58 UD3R
    GPU: MSI GTX 295 x 2
    RAM: 6gig (3x2gig) G.Skill NQ DDR3
    PSU: Thermaltake toughpower 1200w
    CASE: Antec 1200

Now. After going into the shop and ordering my parts ( had to wait for cards) they had it all, so i came in the week later to pick it all up and to also find out that the mobo i initially requested , GA EX58 UD4P, was no longer in stock at the shop or the warehouse so pot luck there.
    Instead of the UD4P they paired me with a UD3R which was DOA and soon replaced.
    The only issue now is that my GTX 295 on its own does not display anything when connected, whereas my old 8800GTS 320mb works just fine.

From what they told me and what i read on the Gigabyte website, the UD3R is supposed to support SLI ( was my first decision but later went for UD4P).
    All connectors are in properly and power is sufficient.
    My question is, does this mobo actually have support for the 295 as it is a dual card or am i going to have to get something better in terms of mobo?

Waiting for the new 300's or radeon gear isnt an option as its a deadline computer needed for many things.
    So is it worth me returning it and getting another when they've got a UD4P in stock or go somewhere else?
    Im not really interested in spending over $400 for a mobo when i will be doing a minor uprade in the next 12 months to a new mobo and cpu when the prices drop.

Any help would be appreciated.
    SilverPhoenix
    ps. im in australia so prices i have listed are in AUD and importing boards is again out of the option.

Default Re: Ex58 ud3r + gtx295

see if they get the newer ex58a boards from gigabyte which are the improved revised boards for the x58. They should be out very soon since they are supposed to come out with the p55s.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    Intel i7 920 D0 3.8Ghz 181x21 1.24375Vcore 1.195QPI/Vtt
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 push-pull, vertically mounted
    3x2GB G.Skill DD3 1600 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 8-8-8-21-1T 1.54v
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SLI 700-1500-1200
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in Raid 0, 64KB stripes, 250GB short stroke
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Antec 1200 Gamer Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

mm thanks for the reply.
    When are they supposed to be out?
    i get my parts from MSY ( MSY-The Name you can trust-More than 10 years in IT industry-Nationalwide branches serve you & always offer the best up today IT price )
    but they dont usually get the new stuff in quickly depending on what it is.
    i can get my hands on a EX58 UD4P within about a week. should i go for that, like, will they support the GTX 295's in quad sli? or will these new X58a s support it?
    Im trying to get as much information as i can as this has been a huge screw around and is only costing me money.
    So far the lesson i have learned .... Never Compromise.
    Thanks for the reply
    SilverPhoenix

I am really enjoying my UD4P. No problems. ZERO.
    i7 920 D0
    Gigabyte UD4P Bios F9c

I have a single PCB GTX 295 running on an EX58-UD3R Rev. 1.0 BIOS F8A as we speak and it works perfectly. Your problem is likely not the board, I'm guessing that it's the PSU. Does the LED near the DVI connectors light up green when you try to start the PC?

The GTX 295 will also work with any mainboard, you do not need a board with SLI or CF support to run any of the dual GPU cards.

kg4icg is offline Junior Member

Did you plug in both 6 pin power connectors on the card, or just 1? You need to have both 6 pin power connectors plugged in to have the card operating.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I don't know much about Nvidia, but are you saying this card by itself should be a SLI setup, meaning the single card should be viewed as two?

If so then you need to update the BIOS possibly, the UD3R does support SLI but only with a BIOS update, which your board likely did not ship with. For the Revision 1.0 boards you will need a BIOS from F5 onwards to run SLI

Here is the latest BIOS, you will need to find out what revision your board is though first. How to find that is posted in the link following this one
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Please use Qflash to update your BIOS, here is a guide. How to find board revision is here as well
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

And yes, it could also be PSU Incompatibilities, can you borrow another PSU to test with? Have you verified this card is functional on anyone else's PC?

If you plain old want to get a better board, the UD4P is a great board and I do suggest it, typing from mine now. Too bad they shafted you when you first ordered it!!

kg4icg is offline Junior Member

no i'm saying that vid card hs 2 6 pin power sockets that both need to be plugged in for the card to operate correctly

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry, if you meant that to me as I know what you meant about the PSU cables.

I was actually confused myself about the card in general if it was SLI as a single card (Dual PCB or GPU) or not is why I asked that

The card has a 6 pin and an 8 pin, no two six pins.

And the card definitely does not need an SLI capable board/BIOS since it runs fine on all my boards, and the EP45 UD3P for example does not even support SLI.

The most likely reason for his problems is a problem with his PSU (including the possivility that he did not plug in the auxiliary power connectors; on some cards they're covered with a sticker for some reason that you need to remove first - stupidest thing ever).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information