Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-Udl3 and ASUS EAH4770 Formula graphics card, major issues

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: EP45-Udl3 and ASUS EAH4770 Formula graphics card, major issues

Are there multiple/loop boots with the new card? Even short almost silent ones (e.g. obly PSU fan start spinning and then stop) or the computer boot at first attempt?

I don't think so, i have everything opened up right now and the mobo, cpu fan and stuff appear to just power on the one time. It does appear to take a bit longer for the monitor to start up though. But when i go back into the bios it doesn't give me any warning messages. When i try and change the clock speeds it definitely does the whole multiple boot thing.
    Intel E6300 @ 1.8ghz for now, usually ~ 2.8-3.0
    EP45-UDL3 F7
    4x1gb OCZ/DDR2/6400 Plat Rev2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-15
    BFG 7900gs (trying to get an Asus EAH4770 to work)
    WD6400aaks + 3 other older HDDs

Chike is offline Senior Member

Well multiple boots end up finally loading some stable settings that boot and not those you set.
    This happen with the settings changes suggested by Lsdmeasap too? You could try one or two ticks MCH Core, perheps one tick up CPU Termination as well.
    Could be the card after all, I'd suspect the PSU as well.
    Could you post the failed settings using the template in this post or the one below?
    Ignore the values in it just replace them with your settings and paste them between code tags [code] *paste here* [/code]

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds like this card is just not compatible with your board, since everything works fine with the older card. That or this PSU and card combo are not working with this board?

I was about to suggest that your settings were failing because you did not see changes in easytune (Some never change, but I assume you know that), but once I saw you say things were all normal with the other card I think that thought it out the window. Right? I mean you are testing the same changes with the old card and seeing the changes then in easytune right?

I do recommend Sapphire if you are looking at getting a new card, and If you want my suggestion on a PSU let me know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information