Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA78G-DS3HP refuses to boot USB devices

Question GA-MA78G-DS3HP refuses to boot USB devices

Hi all.
    I have a GA-MA78G-DS3HP.based system with 4GB kingston ram, a 9600 BE CPU, NVIDIA 9500gt GPU, and a Seagate barracuda 1TB master HD.

Since I purchased the board last December I have not been able to boot from any USB devices :( including flash drives of varying sizes and now a newly purchased 320GB seagate external with linux installed.

I have gotten it to show under the installed hard disks randomly but it disappears by itself and is never present in the f-12 boot options.

If anyone here has a similar board and knows a solution plz enlighten me b4 I purchase another board.

It is very frustrating to have issues like this since I have been a loyal Gigabyte user for the past 5 yrs. It seems these boards are defective and Gigabyte should exchange them or come up with a bios update that resolves the issue.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA78G-DS3HP refuses to boot USB devices

Please be sure you have Legacy USB Storage Detect enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page.

Then if you want to boot from USB, I find it easier to Hit F12 at boot, then choose +HDD and on the next screen you will see your USB Device by name.

Through a lot of trickery I can get it working now. I haven't got much time to play with it today but tonight I will report back on exactly what the issue is and how I am going about things now.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Good to hear, post back anytime with your thoughts or findings so it may help others later on

Thread Information