Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA790XT-UD4P lan port problem

Default GA-MA790XT-UD4P lan port problem

Hi guys i brought this board GA-MA790XT-UD4P from overclockers.co.uk and ever since i have had it its had lanport problems as when i fire up computer some times the lanport works and some times it dont.
    I sent it back for testing to where i got it from but they couldnt find a fault but the faul keeps happening just tonight i installed vista 64 and first thing that happened is lanport didnt work as i get no eithernet light on modem. so far this board has cost me an extra 40 in fuel taking it back to overclockers who wont admit or dont belive its the board. so im banging my head against a brick wall with them so has anyone else had this problem or has any ideas how to sort this out as this board is pretty useless when lanport dont work all the time.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790XT-UD4P lan port problem

Are you installing your latest Chipset and LAN drivers? Please use the ones online and not the ones on the CD.

Other than that, are you using the latest BIOS per your board?

Yes latest F5 bios and latest drivers off the gigabyte site it just seem intermittent as some time you turn on computer its fine and some times you get no conncetion no led on lan port as well showing me there is no power to it i would say.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, so it does work but not always 100% then right? Do you have a short maybe on your I/O Shield? You could run for a day or two without it to test

Other than that, intermittent issues would be drivers normally. You may need to try a few older versions, or the newer ones direct from RealTek >>
    Realtek

Hope that helps some, I'd try the newer drivers from Realtek first

Thread Information