Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P reboot loop

Default EP45-UD3P reboot loop

Not too long ago I finished building my first custom gaming PC. When I powered up the machine everything seemed to work, but after the 5-10 seconds that it will stay on, it shuts off for a couple seconds only to come back up again and perform the same thing. What can I do to get it running?

Specs:
    Antec 900
    Antec TruePower 750w
    EVGA GTX 260 896mb
    Mushkin 2x2gb 1066Mhz
    Intel Q9550
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Zalman 9300AT

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3P reboot loop

Please try clearing the CMOS as outlined here in the second post of this thread >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

That should get you going provided your hardware is all fine

If you still have no luck after that post back and let us know and we will make additional suggestions of course

Alright, I didn't clear the CMOS. Rather than that, I went with my gut feeling and took out a memory module and put one stick in slot 1 and it loaded. A screen came up listing components and asked for me to put in a disk to boot. I put in Vista 64 to test and that worked successfully. Being that it works now, am I able to get to the BIOS?

Chike is offline Senior Member

It is recommende to load BIOS optimized defaults. (press the del key at the LOGO screen then select load optimized defaults in main BIOS screen, anter, then save and exit)
    Before you install Vista you may want to run memtest86+ to ensure a clean install.
    Setting your memory to DDR-800 may also help stability for the time of installation.
    Could you post the link to your memory specs or it's part number?

memtest86+ and other usful programs may be found in http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762

K, I'll give that a try. Here's the link to the ram. XP2-8500 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced

Just setting Performance Enhance to standard, and XMP to deisable, in BIOS MIT section shout set DDR-800 with default timings.
    If you intend to install Vista with one stick only this should be enough.

I got Vista 64 successfully installed and I loaded optimized settings in the BIOS. Though I can't get sound to work, but I suppose that's a driver issue or something. As far as getting my other 2gb to work, what do I have to do?
    Last edited by spiral_out; 09-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.

You need to install chipset network and sound drivers from the CD or even better the latest drivers for your board from GIGABYTE's site.

Insert the stick in the other slot with the same color, set XMP to auto, Performance enhance standard.
    If this settings are not stable, you may need to increase MCH Core. Start with 1.2v and increase it one notch each time up to 1.26v.
    If increasing it does not get it stable, try 1.05v and decreasing it one noce each time down to 0.95v.

When you get it stabe (or if you can't) please post a screen capture of MemSet main and spd(click spd) windows, and we'll try to set you up for the best performance of your memory.

You said it's a gaming computer, do you intend to overclock it at all, and if yes what to?

EDIT: Run a few passes of memtest86+ before you boot to windows to see if memory settings are stabel.

I may overclock it in the future. (It's a C1 stepping btw...not the best overclocker). So far my temps are looking pretty good from SpeedFan; average of 38-39C on three cores and core four is sitting at 29-30. I'm going to think about it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you got things going!

So you need settings then or no? If so please let us know what FSB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information