Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experience with GA-EP45-UD3P (1.6) - FDa?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Experience with GA-EP45-UD3P (1.6) - FDa?

Ken429, I am sorry but I do not have time to re-read each post every night as I help MANY users at a time.

Post #3 does not apply anyway, you have since updated your BIOS. Even if you are using the same settings I would need to be made aware of that fact, which is why I asked.

Since you say it does resume fine at 3.4Ghz, but not 3.8 then it sounds to me like your 3.8 settings are not stable is all. Please post them for me again now and I will advise back.

Keep in mind a quad CPU at 3.8Ghz may not be fully stable at all, some can do 3.8-4Ghz and be stable and some cannot. Have you ran stability tests and found your settings to be stable? If so, what tests and for how long?

Ken429 is offline Senior Member

Again post #3 said I ran Prime95 for 17+ and 12+ hours at those settings. You got me, I have not re-run Prime95 with the new FDa BIOS even though all the settings shown in post #3 are the same.

Thanks for confirming the settings are the same, please test again with memtest86+ and prime95 blend

It very well could be your BIOS just wont be stable above a certain speed for resume, nothing can be done for that though if it is the case as Gigabyte does not official support overclocking. They do however overclock and test things, and it seems they may only to a point and consider that good. While your Quad may only be able to resume to a certain point, duals may resume much further and they may be what they tested with.

You might just have to settle for a lower overclock if you must use S3

Ken429 is offline Senior Member

I have spent a few minutes/hours trying to find where the "Sleep/Wakeup" FSB failure occurs. If anybody is interested it looks like the FDa BIOS did make a difference. I can put the system to sleep at a FSB of 440 or 8.5 X 440 = 3.74 GHz and the system wakes up OK. At a FSB of 441 the system will not wake up! Looks like someone picked a nice round number to support? Any further suggestions out there on what I can change to get to the magic FSB of 450 or I'm willing to put this to bed at 3.74GHz.

Ahh, nice to see you have made some progress! Sorry if I sounded upset or offensive with you, I was only trying to convince you of the things I mentioned.

Hmm, 440 or 450, pretty darn close! Might just be acceptable as that is not much difference really when it comes down to it.

If you want, Post me your 440 settings that work and I will see if I can post you back some things to adjust and test for 450 that may help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information