Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help overclocking my System

Default Re: Help overclocking my System

"you would be able to easily hit 4ghz on stock on very close to stock voltages. here are the settings that worked for me for 4.0 This kind of overclock is a breeze for these CPUs."

Bob, Easily , no. On stock voltages, very able to, but i would not call it easy or common especially with HT/MT on. With water/liquid, the low temps are easy, but 4gh would still require some extra juice.

I use a C0 stepping chip with a UD3R and 4ghz for me requires 1.5vcore to be stable.

Imam Khalid , feel free to PM me ok ya Haj? I would love to further assist you if required and Good Luck.
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for the help dbee, Khaled Imam is my name BTW. Anyways will try some of the things some members here recommended and i will see whats up, but i will definately PM or post here if i need anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    "you would be able to easily hit 4ghz on stock on very close to stock voltages. here are the settings that worked for me for 4.0 This kind of overclock is a breeze for these CPUs."

Bob, Easily , no. On stock voltages, very able to, but i would not call it easy or common especially with HT/MT on. With water/liquid, the low temps are easy, but 4gh would still require some extra juice.

I use a C0 stepping chip with a UD3R and 4ghz for me requires 1.5vcore to be stable.

Imam Khalid , feel free to PM me ok ya Haj? I would love to further assist you if required and Good Luck.
    oh really? oh, ok sorry for the bad advice. Since he has a D0 steppings, i thought it would be ok for him. I dont think I have seen any D0 stepping yet on any forum that has a 4.0Ghz overclock with anything higher than 1.26. Maybe I've just been stupid :(
    i7 920 D0
    Gigabyte UD4P Bios F9c

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have a D0 here and can boot to 4.2Ghz with 1.24, but at 4Ghz for stability it needs 1.26 or so actual under load.

I have seen some D0's though that can be stable at 1.21, and even less I believe, at 4Ghz, it just all depends on the CPU

Not bad advice Bob and nobody is calling you stupid. No need for the sarcasm, i in no way intended on insulting you.

Yes there are countless people who can achieve 4.0ghz + using stock voltages. Just dont give the guy the assumption he can EASILY break 4ghz on stock volts . He is new to this. Yes you could get a special chip and do 4ghz with less than stock volts. YES, all chips vary, thats a given.

When i built my machine i was under the assumption 4.0 wasn't going to be a problem. It is a problem. i do have a C0 stepping which really really sucks. 4.0ghz for some people is tough. My machine will do it, but needs way too much voltage all the way around .

We just dont want the guy pulling his hair out screaming why cant he get 4.0 like i did (even though im bald) , He is new to this and there are tons of Bios options to tweak where someone may not even know where to begin.

Maybe i just dont know what im talking about.
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit