Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P55-UD3 - i5 750 - Windows 7 x64 RTM - very unstable

Default Re: GA-P55-UD3 - i5 750 - Windows 7 x64 RTM - very unstable

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, please set your own Ram voltage and multipliers. Sorry I have not used P55 yet myself, so not sure what BIOS settings you have. Looks like I need to start looking into this already!

If you have MCH or IOH this likely needs to be set as well, a bit higher than defaults.
    Hi Lsdmeasap, thanks for you help.
    Please see attached Advanced Voltage bios page from the manual ...
    What do you suggest to try ? (see my previous post as well to see how can I stop the reboots, a way that I'm not quite happy with)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, with an overclock I do suggest C1E and EIST be disabled. Even at stock I'd want them disabled so the system was always fast as the CPU can be.

Do you have the ram manually set to spec speed of 1600Mhz? If so, you need to set Ram voltage to 1.65 and I would try QPI/Vtt of 1.2-1.35 and see if that helps

PCH Core may need to be set to 1.1-1.2 as well as this is the memory controller setting. It may be fine in auto, I would try the ram and QPI voltage first as those for sure will need to be set, especially the Dram voltage to 1.65

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you have the ram manually set to spec speed of 1600Mhz? If so, you need to set Ram voltage to 1.65 and I would try QPI/Vtt of 1.2-1.35 and see if that helps
    PCH Core may need to be set to 1.1-1.2 as well as this is the memory controller setting. It may be fine in auto, I would try the ram and QPI voltage first as those for sure will need to be set, especially the Dram voltage to 1.65
    I have nothing set on manual at the moment (appart from the 3 disabled options from the post above), I'm quite scared at changing settings (especially when you get red warning on the right side in bios) ... I never oc anything and all this is new to me. Anyway, I will try your suggestions when I get home. Thanks.

Is it only my opinion or this is very poor from Gigabyte if a system is so unstable with their default settings ... Most people will use thier default settings to run the system and have no idea how to oc !
    Intel i5 750 (Zalman CNPS10X) - Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 (BIOS F3) - 2x2GB Corsair DD3 1600MHz CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
    Samsung 64GB SSD PB22-J 2.5" - Nvidia 7600GS 512MB - Be Quiet! 450W Dark Power PRO - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

You can ignore the red warning on the side, as long as you are not changing values to Red values then you will be fine.

Default or Auto settings are not always stable, those are mainly for so you can get in the BIOS and set things yourself. Gigabyte makes overclocker/enthusiast boards, meant to be setup by the end user. Only Dell, HP, Ect OEM System run stable at defaults, because they are so slow clocked

Try setting your ram voltage only first, then if that does not help, try setting some QPI/Vtt, then if no luck add a bit of PCH

I had it wrong, it is not the memory that causes the problem but as you said the processors three functions are the troublemakers.

I load the deafault bios settings again and only disabled the EIST function.
    I tested it for an half hour with itunes open and downloading with grab it and playing resident evil 5 on the background with succes for so far.

I hope Gigabyte is going to make a bios update for this problem or should we notify them first?
    Last edited by Aywan; 09-15-2009 at 08:03 PM.

So you left C1 and C3 enabled and it still works ?
    I was about to try that yesterday but didn't have the time.
    Intel i5 750 (Zalman CNPS10X) - Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 (BIOS F3) - 2x2GB Corsair DD3 1600MHz CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
    Samsung 64GB SSD PB22-J 2.5" - Nvidia 7600GS 512MB - Be Quiet! 450W Dark Power PRO - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Yes, I did enable the C1E, C3/C6/C7 functions and leave only the EIST function which controls voltage and frequency disabled.

I'm going to do some more stability tests today just to be sure.

I also have notified Gigabyte about this problem and linked to this topic.
    I hope that they will take this problem seriously and bring a solution in a form of a bios update or a driver update.

I'll keep you updated.
    Intel i5 750 - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 revision 1.0 (BIOS F3) - 2x2GB Corsair DD3 1333MHZ - Western digital caviar blue 320GB - Nvidia 7300GS 256MB - OCZ Fatal1ty 550w - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

I contacted gigabyte and this is there answer:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting GIGABYTE.
    Please try with this Bios ver. F4e attached, after then "Load Optimized Defaults" in the Bios.
    I hope this Bios will solve the issue.

Best Regards,
    http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/809241/p55mud2.f4e
    I did the exact same thing but too bad the problem for me was getting worse, I also tried to update to F4f but that did give the same problems.
    Windows 7 crashes at the welcome screen with BSOD.

Johnh you should try to update to F4e and look what happens; you can always go to the original bios F3 as updating is safe and very easy.

Just put the bios file in the root of your USB stick and if you see the start screen push END to start the Q-flash utillity.

Now I'm working on bios F3 again with the EIST function disabled, waiting for a new bios version to come out

But I must say Gigabyte has some good support.
    Last edited by Aywan; 09-16-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Intel i5 750 - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 revision 1.0 (BIOS F3) - 2x2GB Corsair DD3 1333MHZ - Western digital caviar blue 320GB - Nvidia 7300GS 256MB - OCZ Fatal1ty 550w - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Thanks Aywan for the update.

I was expecting Gigabyte to work on an updated bios but it looks like this version is not quite ready yet.

I will wait for the realease version because at the moment it seems that I have a very stable configuration (bios default-optimized, eist disabled, and cpu oc to 3.2GHz using smart6 quick boost).

I might play again with some other settings over the next weekend, until then I won't have time.

I will keep you updated if I find anything new.

Nice to see that they do recognize the issue and are working to correct it!

Keep an eye on this thread for newer Beta BIOS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information