Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum IOH volts?

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Maximum IOH volts?

From my observation, with the one reference option my board has (CPU Ref,) EasyTune always show the corresponding option value (1st 2nd etc.) for default Vtt (1.2v) regardless of the actual settings, and differs from the value shown in BIOS.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

CPU Termination (Vtt) Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>

CPU Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET
    CPU Reference2 Voltage (.67% of Default Vtt/1.20) .80 ET
    MCH Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET

If you leave CPU ref in Auto it will always remain the same % in easytune. If you set CPU ref to the auto amount then adjust Vtt, that amount will still be the same in easytune. Only if you vary the amount will it change

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    If you leave CPU ref in Auto it will always remain the same % in easytune. If you set CPU ref to the auto amount then adjust Vtt, that amount will still be the same in easytune. Only if you vary the amount will it change
    I assume BIOS does that, but EasyTune shows the values for the % of default Vtt.

Rechecked, set CPU Ref to 0.744v with Vtt 1.2v, increased Vtt to 1.3v, BIOS shows 0.807v (0.744 / 1.2 x 1.3 = 0.806, ącorrect,) saved and reboot into windows, EasyTune still shows CPU Ref value for Vtt 1.2v:

GiggaByte is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well you are not setting things correctly, so I am not sure what your ratio's or percentages should be at those settings. If you set things properly, with Vdimm at stock and then change ref's then adjust vdimm back, things will change in easytune and correctly reflect what you have set in the BIOS.

I was only trying to explain to you how things work with the BIOS and Easytune, and how things should be properly adjusted. If you are stable and happy, there is no need to adjust things and mess up your stability just to try and see what I meant if you don't want to.

And yes, your last statement is true in a way, if you leave the ref's at auto they will always remain at that percentage of Vdimm. What you need to keep in mind is when you adjust a ref voltage you are not changing the actual voltage, only the percentage of ref vs vdimm stock voltage. If you leave things how you had them, but return vdimm to stock voltage you will find the true percentage that you had been using to gain stability
    Thank you for your help so far. Its not completely stable yet but its almost there so since iam changing up the RAM REFs it'd be good to understand the bios vs ET displays. I put vRAM back to stock 1.50v to change REFs, I have data at 67% (or 0.67v) and address at 65% (or 0.65v) and termination at 0.75v which is exactly half the RAM volts then I went back to 1.66v. The RAM termination is an actual voltage and is not ment as a % like the REFs right? Gigabyte should change the way REFs are displayed in bios to %'s.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, as said in my guide easytune will show the % of default Vtt/Vdimm for any ref you set, that is why you should set it when those are at defaults so you can keep track of what is what

Term and Ref are both actually voltages, a set % amount of the default Vtt or Vdimm, when you increase either of those voltages the related term or ref also rises as well but the % remains the same unless you change it

I agree, it is very confusing how things work, and I am not sure why they do it like that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information