Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EX58-Extreme rev1.0

Default EX58-Extreme rev1.0

Specs:
    F9 Bios
    1x i7 920 @ Stock 2.67Ghz
    2x 6GB DDR3 Corsiar 1333Mhz Ram
    1x EVGA Geforce 295
    1x Antec 1200 Case
    1x 1000w Corsair PSU
    1x Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler
    2x 1.5 TB Segate
    1x 1 TB Western Digital
    1x Blu-ray Reader
    2x DVD-RW Burners
    2x External USB HDD
    *Everything thru SATA cables

Alright, my bios on F7 showed that my mac addresses for my network slots were N/A. updated to latest bios hoping for a fix to find im still at square one.
    have tried optimized defaults / fail safe defaults, just about every possible thing i can think of. Built this machine at the beginning of this year so its still under warranty. I just want to avoid having to wait 6-8wks w/out a mobo if possible.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-Extreme rev1.0

Please clear your CMOS Twice, once with the button on your board holding it down for a minute, then use this method in post # 2 >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Then once finished go back into the BIOS and again load optimized defaults, then save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS and check things again.

If you Still do not see them, please flash Via Qflash F9d >>
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...EX58EX.F9d.zip

This time, in Qflash please disable "Keep DMI Data" then proceed with the flash as normal

i dont have a floppy drive on this machine for the second cmos flash. should i still go ahead with the first flash?

also, for flashing the cmos with the button, do i do this while the system is on in bios, or while the system is off , thanks again

Second flash, and first flash? Or do you mean just to flash again, like you had a floppy before but not now?

Anyway, you don't need a floppy at all. You can use a USB Stick, put the .fxx BIOS file on the USB Stick and enter Qflash, I showed images in the guide of how a USB Drive looks in Qflash

To clear the CMOS using your button please shut off your system. Then unplug your PSU and press and hold your case power on button for 20 seconds, then press and hold the clear CMOS button for one minute. Then plug your PSU back in and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults, save and apply and reboot back to check BIOS.

If no luck, try the method I posted with jumper in post #2 of the Qflash guide.

Or.... You could just do the BIOS flash, with Keep DMI Disable, first and possibly not have to clear your CMOS.

Again about first, second flash above, if you meant for both BIOS Chips possibly then don't worry as you only have to flash the MAIN one yourself

worked beautifully!!! THANK YOU! :D :D

Nice to hear!

So, what worked? I mean what did you do, and it did fix your LAN MAC Addresses right?

followed your power down wait 1min, hold cmos 1min power up, bios had mac addresses on boot w/out optimization :)

thanks again!

Great to hear! Funny sometimes, how the easiest things fix issues, just like a reboot!

Glad everything is in order now for ya, post back anytime!

Thread Information