Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP43-UD3L with e7500, continuous beep

Default EP43-UD3L with e7500, continuous beep

Like the title says, I have a EP43-UD3L with e7500 at 3.9ghz, g-skill 1066 ram, and corsair 750w power supply.

cpu is 40 on idle and 63ish on full load

The problem is that my computer would give me a continuous beep randomly, even on idle sometimes and won't go away unless I shut down. A restart will not make the beep go away. During the beep, I can still launch programs and do everything just fine.

Any idea what's causing this?

Default Re: EP43-UD3L with e7500, continuous beep

Im guessing the motherboard thinks the cpu is overheating but in a matter of fact it isnt.

Try running everst or some temperature program to see if it reallly is just a false alarm. Especially try running one of the gigabyte temperature reading programs from ur motherboard cd.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

I'm guessing the same but I don't think it's the cpu, I have it set to 80c at bios and usually when it does think the cpu is overheating, the beep will go away after I restart.

I'll try downloading temperature monitor thing from gigabyte if I can figure out which one it is.

edit:
    easytunes pretty much reflect the temps I get from core temp so I'm pretty sure it's not the cpu.
    Last edited by scishock; 09-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Does it go away if you disable all alarms in the BIOS? Please test

Are you using the latest BIOS(F7)? If not, please update >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Please use Qflash to update, here is a guide >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

The only other alarm I have is the cpu fan fail one. I have disabled that and it seems like it stopped beeping, I'll return if it does. Thanks a lot.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, well some CPU Fans could possibly spin to slow making the sensor think the fan stopped. If your temps are fine you believe, and the fan is running then you can either just disable this warning or switch CPU Fans

I'm in a situation where I used an EP43-UD3L with an e5200 and updated the bios to f7 while getting close to achieving high OC settings at 300 x 3.33C x 12.5 -- I was pretty close in the F3 bios and decided to update to F7 to see if it would help with stability. I am now stuck in the continuous short beep loop. I've tried all I could with my resources from shorting out the clear cmos pins along with swapping RAM sticks throughout each slot and removing the 9400 GT in my system -- no dice.

I have been using an hec Compucase 585w PSU (Newegg.com - hec HP585D RETAIL 585W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Cord Included - Power Supplies) in my setup for over the past 6 months along with 8gb of 4 sticks of 2gb G.Skill 1066 memory (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Desktop Memory) -- the system was clocked at 266 x 4A x 12.5. It was rock solid! I now regret pushing things further, and am hoping that only the PSU was pushed over the edge in the trial and error phases that this setup has been through!

I'll post back if I encounter any success with a new PSU -- fortunately I can pick one up nearby.

Its not very likely a psu would cause a system to fail like that.

Maybe something else failed instead of the psu :S
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

I agree -- process of elimination leads me to no other alternative by checking another PSU. This setup was very flaky to setup from the start. As mentioned, I should have left it alone!

I'm thinking of letting the CMOS short out overnight before I go to sleep. I doubt it'll help, but I can't think of anything else to do until the morning.
    Last edited by AboveUnrefined; 01-27-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Gave a go with this solution: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/how-...-failed-33904/

I'm thinking that some stinky settings are stuck in the backup bios because when I short the pins of the main bios I get a a constant restart without any beeps.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way to manually reprogram the 8 pin chips so I think I'll have to RMA. I'll try to see if I can muster up a PSU to see if that'll fix things, but I really think I'll need to get this fixed by gigabyte....

Thread Information