Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GB X58 EXTREME - No extra screws for hsf addon?

Default GB X58 EXTREME - No extra screws for hsf addon?

Title says all really. A while ago I purchased a EX58 EX and never got an extra set of screws to use for the hsf addon and dealing with the seller or the supplier to get them has been a pain.

The problem is they argue that a) take the waterblock off b) its not necessary. They're opinion means jack**** to me because I want to use what I paid for, and if it helps the chipset run a bit cooler then why not? I see system built on the X58-E that have both the waterblock and hsf addon on them at teh same time...

Any help/support is greatly appreciated.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GB X58 EXTREME - No extra screws for hsf addon?

Where are you located?

Seller or Supplier, do either of those mean Gigabyte directly? Just wondered

I am a bit confused with your explanation of their comments, sorry do not be upset. I am not trying to continue your pain :) I am just unsure what you meant by what they argued to you

Take off the water block? And do what they mean, use those screws? The ones from the water block?

Of course the water block would need to come off to use the heatpipe anyway, but that's not the point

And they told you the extra heatsink is not necessary? Crazy talk!

While it may not be necessary, you are correct you paid for it and they shipped it to you... You should be able to use it!!

Let me know where you are and I will see what I can get done for you, please do let me know also, if you spoke to anyone at Gigabyte, who it was and what office or location

Thanks

I also used the included Heat Pipe setup for the Northbridge, I didnt have to remove the water block connections though. It did bolt right up. Was I supposed to remove the block also?

Sorry, that may be my confusion!!! I just assumed you had to remove the water block to add the other heatsink on instead, if it works without removal then you likely do not need to.

Did you get the extra screws the OP has mentioned here?

PM sent to OP for reply so I can try to sort this out for you

I can check for extra's but I just used the ones that came with the unit itself.

Well I meant he says he should have gotten extra ones for the additional heatsink, and I checked and the manual also says that as well. So you likely got yours and that is what he was asking about

Thread Information