Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

Exclamation Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

I was browsing through forums after doing a bing search and discovered this old thread. Just wanted to state that I currently have a Phenom II X4 965 on this board. It's working fine (I'm actually using it at this very moment), but it's not on their support list as working with the board. I have noticed that it's severely bottlenecked on this board, but as it's working, I have no real complaints.

CPU Support List for GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0:

GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

Thanks for posting that, might help someone down the road someday.

Quote Originally Posted by skydriver666 View Post
    Hello @ all!

I consider to upgrade my Pc with this cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor.

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0. The online Specs say it supports Am3 cpu's . I couldn't find my particular model in the cpu support list. I wonder if it is still compatible and if it would make sense to upgrade.
    Hello!
    I'm also considering an upgrade with this CPU, PhenomII X4 945 (or 925), stepping C3, but even if the CPU Support List for the M57SLI-S4 board now includes both 945 and 925 models (except 945 125W model which is not available anyway) I'm still having some doubts whether the CPUs will work on this board or not. I have asked Gigabyte for a confirmation but no answer so far. So I was wondering if anyone actually tested at least one of this two CPU models along with the board and can provide a real confirmation.
    Thanks !

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If it is listed as comp[compatible in their list then that means they have tested it and it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information