Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-P55-UD3R 2x2 Gb

Default Re: GA-P55-UD3R 2x2 Gb

Yeah, it's weird. If I do go into the bios, I actually see the ram showing up in every slot, but under that is a line saying "Enabled Slot" and slot 1 & 2 show 2048, but under 3 & 4 it's just got a "-" there. Under that is "Total memory 4096"

I did notice the timing was off, so I tried to manually adjust that as well, but even with that adjusted and voltage up to 1.6 v, still just getting 4 GB memory.

Wonder if it's a BIOS issues, I've sent off an email to Gigabyte support to see if they have any ideas.

Hi

So I followed your councils, and changed the memory voltage to 1.6V and even 1.66V. I restarted the BIOS and nothing had changed. I took pictures of the BIOS so I hope it might help understand the real problem.

Here, that's the voltage I changed to 1.66 after having tried simply the 1.6

Here, you can see the screen of the M.I.T. after the changes. You can see the the slot #2 recognized the 2048 Mb in the DIMM Slot, but has no value for "Enabled Slot" and "Total Memory Size"...

Finally, the overall of the M.I.T. with the CPU frequency and everything after I changed a couple of things...

Thanks for your help.

EDIT:MeatballCB, if you get an answer from Gigabyte (wich I never had), could you share it with me? Thank you

I'd have to say RMA the board....Unless you have some different DDR3 Dimms to try OR clear the Bios and reset using the optimal setting in bios.. Really sounds like a defective board.....Sorry I've had that happen to me also. If you want screen shots of my settings I'll send them to you, I'm running the same board with a 860 cpu and cheap OCZ 1600 gold LV dimms. 4 x 2gb

Quote Originally Posted by PatouPower View Post

Here, you can see the screen of the M.I.T. after the changes. You can see the the slot #2 recognized the 2048 Mb in the DIMM Slot, but has no value for "Enabled Slot" and "Total Memory Size"...
    I'm getting the exact same thing, sortof :) My column 0 and 1 look like your column 0 and columns 2 & 3 look like your column 2 and my total memory is 4096. If I hear back from Gigabyte I'll let you know. What memory are you using?

Man, I hope I don't have to RMA this board, I've got the whole thing setup already :)

Ran into this thread online as well. Looks like we're not the only people with this problem. After reading the thread, it could possibly be a problem with the memory itself, with the bios or maybe even with the way P55 boards are working...I dunno...
    Last edited by MeatballCB; 10-12-2009 at 07:41 AM.

I'm using corsair, wich I think is a good brand...

I also hope I don't have to RMA the board: I have my ventirad pasted on my i7 CPU, everything is solid in place and theres a high risk of destroying something if I try to remove everything to replace the MB...

I'd like to know if there are other less drastics ways to try before doing that...

Thank you

EDIT: I got a look at the thread you mentionned. At one point, the guy said that the problem was solved by exchanging his corsair RAM for OCZ ones and it worked well... Do you use Corsair also? It still makes no senses to me because Corsair is usually a good brand and anyway brands shouldn't affect the reliability of it...
    Last edited by PatouPower; 10-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatouPower View Post
    EDIT: I got a look at the thread you mentionned. At one point, the guy said that the problem was solved by exchanging his corsair RAM for OCZ ones and it worked well... Do you use Corsair also? It still makes no senses to me because Corsair is usually a good brand and anyway brands shouldn't affect the reliability of it...
    No, I'm using G.Skill (F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK). Could be the memory, but Gigabyte has it actually listed on their "Supported Memory" list. I bought it just for that reason.

Here's a pic of my BIOS screen as well, looks similar to yours. I'm wondering if it's just a BIOS issue, but I don't want to wait too long for a new BIOS and lose a chance to RMA anything :)

I'm using OCZ rebate special ram 4x2gb with no issues
    OCZ3G1600LV4GK ( 2 kits ) for 8gb
    Cheap at the egg again $79.99 after mir
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227483

Of course looking that up caused me to buy the daily deal....So now I'll have 2 intel 80gb ssd drives striped for massive speed.....150GB formated as my C: drive will be enough along with a 1tb WD black for storage.....Thank god my wife is understanding.

Well, for me, I HOPE it is a BIOS issue, because as I said having to remove everything would cost me even more than buying new RAM if I break something... And Corsair is listed on Gigabyte list, so I don't see why it shouldn't work... For sure, I won't RMA this thing...

After further messing around, it appears I may have had a bad memory chip. I tried using just a pair of chips and plugging the memory into different configurations. I found one specific chip always showed up in the BIOS with a '-' for Enabled Slot. I've RMA'd my bad memory and waiting on a replacement.

Patou, try shifting your memory around. Looks like the chip in Slot 0 was enabled and 1 was disabled. Swap the modules and check the BIOS. If Slot 0 is suddenly disabled and 1 is enabled, it's probably that specific memory chip. If slot one stays disabled even after swapping the memory, it's probably a motherboard or bios issue.

Finally, I have the same problem as yours. I thought I already tried to swap the memory, but I didn't... When the good memory is in slot 1, slot 1 is enabled and slot 0 is disabled...

Well, how much do you think the posting price will cost for the RMA? 1/7 of the original price?

EDIT: I RMA'd mine also 5 minutes ago to Corsair, they should answer me in 24 hours max... If everything goes well, I hope to have it before 1 week...
    Last edited by PatouPower; 10-14-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information