Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec

Default Re: PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec

For wazza300
    as for psu cant u try the psu in the pc your using now just to eliminate psu problems???
    I did try the PSU with my PC but I'm not sure if the PSU is ok or not.I even bought the PSU tester just to check my PSU but I don't have any idea about electricity or voltage that is why I asked it on my last thread.I even put the picture of the PSU tester's result.
    I will try to talk with the computer store whether they will help me to RMA the RAM or not.btw I need to confirm it first if my RAM is the problem or not,otherwise it will be bad if we just say the RAM is the problem and then actually it's not the problem.Anyways thank you for your help.

For 07JetBlack675
    Thank you for your help this far and thank you for keeping in touch with me about this problem.I will try to buy cheap RAM just to test my PC whether if my RAM is the problem or not.Does your PC keep rebooting every 3-5sec too?

Quote Originally Posted by anbu84 View Post
    For wazza300

I did try the PSU with my PC but I'm not sure if the PSU is ok or not.I even bought the PSU tester just to check my PSU but I don't have any idea about electricity or voltage that is why I asked it on my last thread.I even put the picture of the PSU tester's result.
    I will try to talk with the computer store whether they will help me to RMA the RAM or not.btw I need to confirm it first if my RAM is the problem or not,otherwise it will be bad if we just say the RAM is the problem and then actually it's not the problem.Anyways thank you for your help.

For 07JetBlack675
    Thank you for your help this far and thank you for keeping in touch with me about this problem.I will try to buy cheap RAM just to test my PC whether if my RAM is the problem or not.Does your PC keep rebooting every 3-5sec too?
    no i just thought you had two pcs,and to try swapping psu's to see if it fixes iti think you can try with one stick of ram and see if it boots up and stays on one stick in number one slot you might need to read manual so you know which slot to try with one stick
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 1 PC and this is my first rig so I don't have any parts that I can swap unless I buy the part and return it back to the store but it will be troublesome.I'm gonna try one RAM and see what will happen...I'm gonna let you know again.Thank you again for your help

Sorry for the late reply.Kinda busy with school stuff.Ok,so I have tried to use my OCZ RAM in slot 1 and I also tried my other OCZ RAM also in slot 1 but they didn't change anything.My PC still turn on-off itself.I also bought CMOS jumper to clear my CMOS and yet,It still reboot itself.I don't know what I should do anymore.Is there a possibility because my mobo?

i have posted about this a few times before as many other people have the same problem. I fixed mine by removing all case and cpu fans from the mobo fan headers, basically disconnecting all leads from the case to mobo , with the exception of the cpu fan header. And just connect all fans directly to the psu.

Yea its weird but strangely enough it sure worked for me. Another cause of this can be incorrect memory timings/settings. The machine will try and try and try again to boot , looking for settings that work. Seems thats why it reboots over and over, looking for working settings.

Give it a try, i didn't think it would work but here i am.
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Ok,I have removed everything that connect to mobo and the case but it still didn't work.
    As for memory's timing,I didn't set my memory's timing and I just let the setting in default mode.

ok go ahead and manually set those mem timings , not sure what is considered loose for your specific setup but OCZ says 5 5 5 15. start by manually setting those and make sure they are of the correct speed set in bios.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

I mean I didn't set any setting for memory's timing before the PC continuously reboot before it enters POST and BIOS.I tried to reset the CMOS and took out the BIOS battery but it still didn't work.I didn't connect anything to the mobo except the CPU,1 RAM in slot 1 and ATX cable but yet i didn't work.

Thats why auto should be avoided to begin with. My memory is spec'd at 1333mhz 7 7 7 20 timings. Will not boot those . Very ugly. I hope u didnt disconnect everything from your mobo per my suggestion. Only things to be removed were case fans connected to the mobo fan headers and move them to PSU power instead of motherboard power.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

So,it seems the problem is at my ATX_12V_2X either the mobo plug or the cable from PSU that cause the continously reboot.I tried to unplug it and it worked.So does anyone know how to solve this?Thank you so much for the help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information