Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec

Default PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec

Hi everyone
    A couple day ago when I was playing online game,my screen suddenly froze and popped blue screen with IRQL error message.I couldn't write down the message since it happened so fast.So the PC rebooted,and it came out message said"Bios updating".But my PC was still working and I was able to log into windows and again I tried to play the online game.But by the time I entered the login screen for the online games,my screen froze again.So either the PC rebooted or I restarted it(not quite remember)it came out a message said "BIOS updating" again and suddenly before the BIOS updating thing finished, my PC is rebooted by itself.After a couple of on-off by itself,I tried to force it off and with hope that It will be back to normal,I turned it on again but after 3-5sec,my PC turn off and turn on by itself again.So I tried to unplug everything including my HDD,RAM,DVD drive and graphic card which left only my mobo,CPU cooler and PSU(I suspect they are the problems which caused my PC rebooted by itself).So I tried to turn my PC on,but again after 3-5sec my PC turn off and turn on by itself.So I thought maybe there is a problem with my PSU so I bought a PSU tester to check my PSU.I attached the picture of my PSU tester.I don' know anything about the result of my PSU tester(the PSU tester that I use is PS-224 coolmax).I also took out my CPU cooler to test if it works,but it seems it doesn't work and my PC turn off and turn on by itself again.I even tried to remove the CMOS battery for a few period of time but it didn't work.Can anyone help me to solve the problem?or tell me which hardware is the problem?I really appreciate any helps.oh and this build isn't even 1 year old.Thank you so much

Here is the spec of my PC:

Intel E8400
    GA-X48-DS5 motherboard
    OCZ Reaper PC-8500 1066MB x2
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB x2
    Scythe Mugen CPU cooler
    500GB Samsung SATA

Default Re: PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec

Dude... I think you might be having the same problem as me.

I believe it's your memory that might be causing the reboot loop, check it out: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...y-specs-33835/

The difference b/w yours and mine is that I probably messed up my memory by changing the speed, and your memory just probably got messed up after some time. If you have spare memory laying around that fits your mobo's specs, try it out.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4
    OCZ OCZ2N1066SR2GK (1x2GB)
    EVGA nVidia 8800GT Superclocked
    Samsung 18x DVDR SH-S182M
    Antec TruePower Quattro 850W PSU

Sadly to say that I don't have any spare parts that I can replace it coz this is my first build and rig.If it is because the memory problem,I tried to turn on my PC without RAMs,graphic cards,HDD and everything except my mobo and the PSU but it still gave me infinite loop.Maybe I will try to buy CMOS jumper and reseting my CMOS too.
    Btw from your post,you said that "I tried holding Insert..."what does the Insert mean?
    Thank you for your reply.

Sounds like your standard reboot loop.

Few questions:

1) was the chip oced?
    2) do you have the latest bios installed?

Anyway, you have to pull the plug for abut 10 secs, not 3-5 to end it. If you can reset the CMOS do it.

I can't remember the exact details, but holding the Insert key while booting might change the boot pattern in some motherboards... I tried it just in case.

Also, if you try to boot a mobo without any memory, I don't think it'll boot. I know mine doesn't and goes into infinite boot loop.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

For Sunburn74
    Few questions:

1) was the chip oced?
    2) do you have the latest bios installed?

Anyway, you have to pull the plug for abut 10 secs, not 3-5 to end it. If you can reset the CMOS do it.
    for the question 1,yeah when I bought the rig,I used to OCed the chip but I changed it back to default settings after a couple days of the OCed.So when this problem happened,It was in default settings.
    For the question 2,when I bought the rig on January 2009,I installed the latest BIOS and until now I haven't changed the BIOS so I don't know if my BIOS is the latest version or not.
    And also I did pull the plug for more than a day.the 3-5sec is the period of time that the PC took before it reboot itself.So when you push the power button,after 3-5sec it will reboot itself

For 07JetBlack675
    if you try to boot a mobo without any memory, I don't think it'll boot. I know mine doesn't and goes into infinite boot loop.
    Yeah...it happened to me too.I try to boot a mobo without the memory and it goes into infinite boot loop.So have you fixed your problem?is it because of the RAM?does it means that my old RAM can't be used anymore and I need to change the RAM/

it could be your ram,ocz have a lifetime guarantee with there ram so i would contact where you bought it from for an rma,thats if it is the ram,what wattage psu are you using and what make?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wazza300 Re: PC on - off by itself every 3-5 sec
    <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> it could be your ram,ocz have a lifetime guarantee with there ram so i would contact where you bought it from for an rma,thats if it is the ram,what wattage psu are you using and what make?
    I will check it with the store where I bought it and probably I will contact OCZ too.but if I need to RMA those RAMs,does it mean that I have to send my RAMs to OCZ company coz I don't think the store where I bought, will change them for me.
    I'm using PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w - the black color

Quote Originally Posted by anbu84 View Post
    I will check it with the store where I bought it and probably I will contact OCZ too.but if I need to RMA those RAMs,does it mean that I have to send my RAMs to OCZ company coz I don't think the store where I bought, will change them for me.
    I'm using PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w - the black color
    its normally the store that returns the faulty items to ocz on your behalf,if not then you have to contact ocz direct and ask on how to rma them,and as for psu cant u try the psu in the pc your using now just to eliminate psu problems???
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my issue was slightly different...

What happened with mine is that I tried making the ram work at 1066 MHz (it's rated speed), but did not up the voltage to 2.1 V (left it at 1.8V). The computer went into reboot loop. I then purchased 1066 MHz ram rated at 1.8V and it worked. I messed it up again when I plugged in the old ram seeing if that was the problem. Now even with the new ram, I get a reboot loop, which leads me to believe the RAM is the problem with yours.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information