Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-MA770T-UD3P problem

Default Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P problem

Quote Originally Posted by FL00D View Post
    1: Once I'm under Win everything is ok. If my PSU were bad I should encounter serious problems such as: bad performance, freezings, random shutdowns etc. ..
    mate, it would be a cold start (only) problem - sure once power is up all is fine (for now)

2: Negative. With my 80GB Samsung SATA it's ok. Delay is only about 5secs which is absolutely normal.
    I did not say anything regarding your SATA but my HDD delay here is zero - I consider this as normal :)

3: Yes my CPU is OCed to 3.25GHz but ofc I loaded safe defs and that made no difference either. :(

Sou what do you think? :)
    meh.. :)

up to you, but I would try in this order:

1) reset all oc to normal and see if the cold-boot problem goes away
    2) try another psu
    3) mobo likely is dud

even all seems okay once the box is up you do have a problem that will bite back - usually one morning nothing will happen any more. Kill the problem or the problem will kill you ( data backups? keep them current :)
    Last edited by PhenomII Dude; 10-09-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomII Dude View Post
    mate, it would be a cold start (only) problem - sure once power is up all is fine (for now)

I did not say anything regarding your SATA but my HDD delay here is zero - I consider this as normal :)

meh.. :)

up to you, but I would try in this order:

1) reset all oc to normal and see if the cold-boot problem goes away
    2) try another psu
    3) mobo likely is dud

even all seems okay once the box is up you do have a problem that will bite back - usually one morning nothing will happen any more. Kill the problem or the problem will kill you ( data backups? keep them current :)
    1) I did, problem still persists.
    2) Will try as soon as I can get another one, prob tomorro. :D
    3) Should it be the case, do you think I can RMA the mobo? I mean, it isn't such a big problem but ofc annoying... I'd rather say it's a hiccup brought about by Giga's incompatibility issues. Please remember that my 80GB Samsung worked properly! :) So this fact should eliminate any further theories in connection with faulty mobo or PSU etc. :S An another fact we should take into consideration is that the time between the black screen and the POST is EXACTLY 15secs (note: the max time you can set as a hdd dealy is also 15secs) so I have a hunch that for some bloody reason my mobo automatically sets 15secs hdd delay for this particular HDD and this cannot be eliminated... :( Dah but then it should be the same when restarting ffs.... aaarrrrf... :( But again, how come that with some HDDs start up is ok and with others it isn't...
    Last edited by FL00D; 10-09-2009 at 08:33 AM.

3) Should it be the case, do you think I can RMA the mobo?
    generally a cold start problem is a valid reason for RMA. These are rare problems but all I've seen where dud mobos.

Another trick you can try is hard reset the bios (bridge the pins) - return all settings and try again. Have you flashed latest F4 bios?

I mean, it isn't such a big problem but ofc annoying... I'd rather say it's a hiccup brought about by Giga's incompatibility issues..
    I somewhat agree as I feel Gigabyte's product quality has declined a fair bit especially in the system board sector. On the other hand, we have here an AM3 socket mobo that is fairly new stuff and prone to problems.

Please remember that my 80GB Samsung worked properly! :) So this fact should eliminate any further theories in connection with faulty mobo or PSU etc. :S
    maybe it will work again with another mobo?

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomII Dude View Post
    generally a cold start problem is a valid reason for RMA. These are rare problems but all I've seen where dud mobos.

Another trick you can try is hard reset the bios (bridge the pins) - return all settings and try again. Have you flashed latest F4 bios?

I somewhat agree as I feel Gigabyte's product quality has declined a fair bit especially in the system board sector. On the other hand, we have here an AM3 socket mobo that is fairly new stuff and prone to problems.

maybe it will work again with another mobo?
    I haven't flashed the F4 BIOS since all it'd do is change the CPU stepping nothing else. I just don't dare to do it because I'm afraid it might spoil my CPU's tuning potential by changing the steppings.
    Mate, we really seem to talk at cross purposes! :) I've had this particular mobo for months. Till yesterday everything was OK. Yesterday I bought a 5870 and this new Samsung HDD. I installed the new parts and since that very point I have this sort of delay issue. So I think it can't be the mobo. :S You see why? :) I hooked my old HDD up and with that one everything was ok.
    Anyway, let me thank you for all your help I'm really glad that someone is trying hard to help me! :) I appreciate it a lot! :)
    Last edited by FL00D; 10-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.

If you have hybrid sleep working correctly , i would just use that if we cant end up figuring it out. I actually timed how long it takes from when i push the power button to get to the windows login screen and it was 56 seconds.

Hybrid sleep on my system will completely power off in 3 seconds- power back on in about another 3. Get you a Intel 80 SSD , forget about the caviar- though it is an excellent drive. My 500gb would start off around 90 and gradually work its way down to 70.
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Fl00d- im gonna talk to a friend of mine who has the same board as you, i bought it for em and remembered the model number so i figured i'd jump on to see whats going on. Ill ask him what experience he has had with his and hopefully he can give us a pointer or two. By the way, what other hardware u using?
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    Fl00d- im gonna talk to a friend of mine who has the same board as you, i bought it for em and remembered the model number so i figured i'd jump on to see whats going on. Ill ask him what experience he has had with his and hopefully he can give us a pointer or two. By the way, what other hardware u using?
    Wow mate thank you very much indeed! :)
    Anyway, my 640GB Caviar is gonna arrive Monday since I could RMA my Samu F1 so no intel SSD. :(
    Please remember again that booting is actually really very fast the problem is BEOFRE the POST, before POST there's EXACTLY 15secs delay for some reason. And I think it was my SamuF1... this mobo simply "didn't like" that HDD. I'm really curious whether the Caviar will eliminate this annoying glitch. :S

No problemo , have u considered maybe another piece of hardware or software could be causing this? if u dont mind, could ya give me a layout of what other components your rig consists of? That may be of some help to us. Try googling samsung hdd and gigabyte troubleshooting, long post, any combination of your systems problem and see what pops up. Someone else out there must know something.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    No problemo , have u considered maybe another piece of hardware or software could be causing this? if u dont mind, could ya give me a layout of what other components your rig consists of? That may be of some help to us. Try googling samsung hdd and gigabyte troubleshooting, long post, any combination of your systems problem and see what pops up. Someone else out there must know something.
    I tried and actually a few people had problems with this HDD. According to the tests this HDD is a decent one but not recommended for use as a system storage. :S
    Giga MA770T-UD3P (AM3),
    4GB Kingstone DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz@1348MHz
    AMD PhenomII 905e 2.5GHz@3.25GHz - 1.264V
    Sapphire AMD HD Radeon 5870 1GB
    FSP Everest 500W 80PLUS
    Pioneer multi burner
    xsilence system fan
    and a small side-case fan and that's all. :S
    Last edited by FL00D; 10-10-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Hello everyone,

I notice you was talking about the same MOBO, but I was having a different problem than the rest. You see, it would seem that every time I go and try to transfer large files, i.e. 4gb or more at a time my system hangs up. I thought it was just my original HDD which was the Samsung HD642JJ, but i switched it out with a WD 640GB. Same problem. So right now I'm thinking it might be a problem with the Sata drivers or possibly a faulty board altogether. If anyone else has or had this problem please let me know also a possible fix. Thanks.

Dvalin21
    (Navy Guy)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information