Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P55-UD4P beep code

Default GA-P55-UD4P beep code

Hey all, just assembled a new build today and ran into a problem when I booted it up for the first time. Basically, when I start it up the computer makes a long continuous beep sound as if it were playing a beep code, but it's merely a single continuous beep. According to a few different sources, this indicates either a RAM or video card issue. I think I've all but eliminated the RAM as the possibility, no configuration seems to make a difference. However, when I remove the video card the computer boots fine with no beep code at all. I am of course unable to use the computer with no video output. Does anyone know what the issue is, or better yet how to fix it? Oh and before its suggested the card is definitely not seated incorrectly, I have taken it out and replaced it several times to make sure of this.

Specs:
    Core i7 860
    Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    2x2GB Mushkin XP 1600MHz
    EVGA Geforce 8800 GT
    CoolerMaster Real Power 550W

Thanks for any help, I do this as a hobby and overcoming these small obstacles is part of the experience but I wanna see this baby fired up!

Default Re: GA-P55-UD4P beep code

do you see anything on the screen?? or wont it display anything at all? if not then its your gpu
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    do you see anything on the screen?? or wont it display anything at all? if not then its your gpu
    Yeah, it doesn't display anything at all. If it were a new GPU then I would've probably RMA'ed it by now, but I took it out of my old computer and it worked finr in that one. So unless it was damaged in the transfer, which I don't think it was, then I don't think the issue is merely the GPU not working. But I have another older GPU at home that I can try out on Saturday so I can see then if it's just this GPU. I was hoping to figure this out before then though.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohnson21 View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't display anything at all. If it were a new GPU then I would've probably RMA'ed it by now, but I took it out of my old computer and it worked finr in that one. So unless it was damaged in the transfer, which I don't think it was, then I don't think the issue is merely the GPU not working. But I have another older GPU at home that I can try out on Saturday so I can see then if it's just this GPU. I was hoping to figure this out before then though.
    ive seen a few users have issues with evga gpu's tho,it seems they dontlike gigabyte motherboards for some reason
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    ive seen a few users have issues with evga gpu's tho,it seems they dontlike gigabyte motherboards for some reason
    That would be unfortunate, both of the GPUs I have lying around are EVGA and I would hate to have to throw down for a new one especially after paying for the new motherboard, cpu etc.

But it sounds like there's nothing to do but try to test it out with a different card and hope for the best. We'll see. I'm waiting to hear back from Gigabyte's support people to see if they have anything to say on the matter.

Did you try the video card in the other PCI-E slot?
    or with one stick of ram?
    Mushkin Enhanced comes alive...

Need help with your Mushkin Product? Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by MushkinSean View Post
    Did you try the video card in the other PCI-E slot?
    or with one stick of ram?
    Yes and yes. I'm fairly sure the RAM is not the problem since the computer will boot fine with any RAM configuration if the GPU is not installed.

We had the same issue at work today with one of the GA-P55-UD3 boards... check your ram is in the right slots.

We have 2x 2gb sticks, had them in the blue slots and it didn't like it so I stuck them in the white, happy days we had lift off :)

Quote Originally Posted by teh View Post
    We had the same issue at work today with one of the GA-P55-UD3 boards... check your ram is in the right slots.

We have 2x 2gb sticks, had them in the blue slots and it didn't like it so I stuck them in the white, happy days we had lift off :)
    I tried the RAM in the opposite slots, didn't seem to make a difference. I've gotten the board to work now with an older graphics card so the newer one seemed to be the issue. I'm not sure if the card is borked or if it's not compatible with the motherboard, all I know is it was working minutes before I installed it into the new computer. Unfortunately I cannibalized parts from my old rig for the new build and so I'm unable to see if the card is totally busted or just not compatible for some reason. Either way it looks like I'm in the market for another upgrade at some point.

Thread Information