Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-P55-UD3R Front USB Issues

Default Re: GA-P55-UD3R Front USB Issues

Not 100% sure I understand. If you mean try one of these 2 port USB brackets, I could give that a shot, I'll just need to pick one up.
    Last edited by MeatballCB; 10-16-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, sorry. I mean connect a normal front panel USB Case connector, that has normal USB Ports on it instead of your USB Card reader

Ah, yeah. I do have that. The M9 has a small front panel with 2 USB ports and a Headphone/Mic Jack. I have that panel plugged into one of the F_USB headers and same problem.

Hmm, well then it could just be an incompatibility with the device you are using then, and when you use that adapter the compatibility issue is not seen because the board is only interacting with he adapter not the device directly

After a bit more monkeying around, it does appear that it's the Nippon Labs ICR-BB card reader causing the problems. If the card reader is plugged into one of the F_USB headers, USB drives come up as "Not recognized" when I plug them into the card reader or the M9 front panel USB ports. As soon as I pull the card reader out, I can read drives fine from he M9 front panel.

I tested each by itself, so it's definitely not one of the headers. Even tried just the card reader by itself in both headers, and drives were still coming up not recognized.

So, it's definitely a bad card reader. Why it would cause the M9 front panel USB's to stop working is beyond me, but I got it working for now :)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Glad to see you narrowed it down! It may not necessarily be a bad reader, more likely it is just not compatible.

So I would advise you pick another brand or model and return that one, if you plan to get another that is.

Look guys, I have exactly the same problem as the OP.

The USB ports at the bottom of the motherboard, for the FRONT USB 1 and 2 DO NOT WORK, Windows always reports as device connected to them as unrecognised. It must be a mobo issue.

This is not fixed by firmware.

Windows always says it is not recognised. The other USB ports on the back panel are fine.

same problem with two new boards, and with both of mine even the HDD LED header was dead. I gave up and went with a another board and no problems since.
    Just for the heck of it I pulled the board and tried to test the HDD LED header with a meter and got zero reading..Dead
    Last edited by man00; 01-10-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Yeah still same problem. I had an ASUS board with the same case and no problems at all.

Can Gigabyte fix this please? I can't be bothered going to RMA my mobo as it leaves me without one for the duration it's on RMA>

Quote Originally Posted by drunkntigr View Post
    Yeah still same problem. I had an ASUS board with the same case and no problems at all.

Can Gigabyte fix this please? I can't be bothered going to RMA my mobo as it leaves me without one for the duration it's on RMA>
    After the second board came back with the very same issues and then called Gigabyte support the tech said the boards are fine it is a problem with the headers?????????????????????? I'm running Asus now with no problem.
    Good Luck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information