Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H RAM slots problems

Default Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H RAM slots problems

Hey all,

I have been trying without sucess to make my memory work on slots 1 and 2 at the same time.. it only works using slots 1 and 3, but if i try to run on slots 1 +2 +3 or all 4 slots at the same time (to get 8gb) the mobo won't post at all, it won't even get to be BIOS screen! (i get four long beeps and one very short, running the fans and all hard drives).

I really need to run all four slots to get 8gb of RAM (I'm running a x64 system now).

I've tested each memory itself and the system runs smothly with just one memory OR 2 memories on slots 1 and 3, therefore i'm sure that all these 4 modules are in working condition.

All advices are appreciated!
    Thanks
    Last edited by allenrotstein; 10-11-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Default Re: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H RAM slots problems

do you follow the ram support list of your board?

at least use only the mentioned brands. it could be that the slot is a problem - check carefully for debris or wire inside.

yup, each module works fine when tested alone (one by one). I only get those beeps when i try to run 3 or 4 modules at the same time in a combination other than slots 1+3..

Eg: slots 1+2+3+4 doesn't work; slots 1+3+4 doesn't work too and so on..

I've checked for debris, short circuit and wiring.. Everything's fine.

At this very moment as i write here, i'm running on slots 1+3.
    I reckon i might have got a bad mobo :-(

you can sidestep the problem by using 2x 4GB ram sticks - just in case you do not want to rma :)

Is this autox? seems funny to have two posts with same problem so close together...but I guess it can happen.

yup, 2 x 4gb would be the perfect solution, but those are sooooo damn expensive, i'm on a tight budget. And i already have 4 x 2gb in hands, hehe.

Any BIOS trick i could use?

I'll talk to TigerDirect and see if i can RMA it. Oh boy..

Thanks!

Yes, while it would be cheap to have two sets 4GB sticks, it is horrendously expensive for one set 8GB sticks. I dint know it is that bad...

Bios trick? - maybe try relaxing ram timing a notch (clock) or two... there is a chance it may work then provided there is no physical problem with the slots.

Thread Information