Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ud3p phase/120mm led flicking constant rebooting

Default ud3p phase/120mm led flicking constant rebooting

Ok, so my system specs:

ep45-ud3p rev 1.0 (f9 bios)
    q9400 AC freezer 7pro
    2gig corsair xms2 675 4x512
    3xhd no raid
    antec 300 4x120mm fans 2 of them led
    ocz 600 gxs
    evga 880gts 320
    sb audigy 2zs
    --------------------------

I had this running stable at 3.4 at 1.275 vcore, mem was running 850 no voltage increase. My system has been running since feb 09, no problems. CPU temps were 59 max load .

My problem started a week or so ago, i woke up to see the front 2 120mm leds flickering, tried restarting and it wouldn't boot. If i left it off for a hour or 2 it would run for like 10hrs then same thing would happen. Now it seems i have slightly diff issues. But before that i turned off the OC switched out the memory and video card to no avail. Now it flickers the phaze leds,front fan leds(seperate rail) and PSU fan(also led).. i just leave it alone and i hear the click(boot i suppose) lights stop flicking and i boot into windows.Then an unusal HD audio found, which i dont remember seeing. I took out the sb card but it didnt make a difference. It runs fine for a couple mins and reboots. This goes around in circles. I start it up again and it does the sme thing flickers,clicks ,etc...

I have looked the mobo over to see if any of the caps have gone but everything seems fine, i changed the HD but that didnt help. I'm stuck on making a decision on what it could be. I haven't ruled out the psu, but think it might be the mobo, or cpu. any suggesion would be appreciated..i have also recored a video which i will try to post when i can so you can see first hand.. also wanted to say i was looking in the bios for voltages, every 5-7 secs i see the cpu voltage fluctuate ever so slightly, i dont know if that normal or not never spent too much time paying attention to it before..
    Last edited by skopro; 10-12-2009 at 06:02 AM.

Default Re: ud3p phase/120mm led flicking constant rebooting

Have you tried a bench setup outside of the case? It sounds a little like the motherboard may be shorting out on the case.
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000
    SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

What CPU do you have? I would also try resetting the CMOS and updating to the latest beta bios.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...5ud3p.F10f.zip

Thnx for the replies..

1. I'll have to try that, it is wierd that all of a sudden it would have grounding issues but will give that a shot.Anythings possible..

2. Its an intel Q9400 which i had running at 3.4 1.275 vcore at 40c idle.
    I originally was running f5 bios which i then updated to f9..still have same problem.

I would recommend running your memory through memtest86+. Also, what is the voltage that your memory is rate at? If it's 800MHz memory at 2.1V, there might be some issues with running it at a faster speed than recommended at stock volts.

Also, the random HD audio makes me think that Windows Update may have downloaded something. Check to make sure it didn't download any new, unneeded drivers.
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000
    SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

I've ran prime,memtest changed out my memory with g-skill..everythings still acting up the same. The memory i was running voltage was at a stock 1.8..the only thing i OC was the vcore which was at 1.275.. ive basicly changed out everything minus the psu,mobo n cpu. also all windows updates are off..

Ok, so waiting to hear back from OCZ. I jump started my PSU and it started to flicker like crazy and the fan was spinning maybe once every 3 secs, funny thing is when i turn it off it spins up to normal for a sec and turns off. Just waiting to see what OCZ says about it. I'm hoping thats the real problem and not something else. But we'll see ive had this same PSU die on me before,but ive never seen anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by skopro View Post
    Just waiting to see what OCZ says about it. I'm hoping thats the real problem and not something else. But we'll see ive had this same PSU die on me before,but ive never seen anything like this.
    That should tell you something right there.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I agree, I would not use the system with this PSU anymore AT ALL. If the PSU Dies on you it may take all your hardware with it!

Thread Information