Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/C reset to defaults - X58 UD4P

Default Re: O/C reset to defaults - X58 UD4P

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahhaha sorry, I did not glance at the user name on that post! HAHA

Everything was fine? How is that, you are having issues now. Or did you just mean those issues were resolved with the new ram?

Well I am about to leave, try out my previous suggestions later when you have time and let me know how you get along
    Yeah, once I installed the new dimms everything ran well with BIOS F9c, that is until now.. so not sure if its the BIOS causing the issue or just the settings need to be tweaked because of the BIOS update.

Anyway, I'll give your suggestions a try later and let you know, thanks!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

SUCCESS! I changed settings as per ure suggestion and booted into windows fine. Ran Occt for an hour and everything seems stable but need to test for longer than that I guess. Now that it works I might try for 3.8Ghz!!

Many thanks for ure help, u really are an asset to this forum! ;-)

Superb to hear!! Ya, it may take you some minor tweaking and testing to be sure of stability of course. Then you can try more speed, or less voltages, ect

Do yourself a favor and save your current BIOS as a profile, then you can test any other changes and not have to worry about remembering the settings. On the MAIN Page of the BIOS F11 is save and F12 is load. Be sure when saving multiple profiles you move the cursor down and do not overwrite/rename your other profiles.

Thanks for your support, I try to help best I can when I can! Glad to see you are getting somewhere now!

Just as a matter of interest, I'm a little unsure how 'uncore' works tbh - I thought that 12 or 13 were the maximum I should use but that's obviously incorrect. Is there an easy explanation of how this works, I guess Google is a good place to start but if you have any words of wisdom......

Well it only needs to be 2x your memory multiplier, you can use more anytime but it can require more Vdimm and or QPI/Vtt, and even possibly at times more IOH. I often use 2x +2 myself, but it just depends on what you are doing and what speeds you are running things at.

Anything under 4Ghz uncore is usually pretty easy to stabilize, but for stability and ease of use I do suggest 2x, 2x +1, or 2x +2. More requires a bit more tweaking.

Uncore is just everything else that is not in the core, such as cache, IMC, and QPI. More can improve benchmarks and performance very nicely, but of course can also require more voltages and tweaking

Aaah, I see. I understand now.

I'm not really bothered about getting 4Ghz at the moment, if I can get a super stable 3.8 I'll be happy with that. As a matter of interest, how long would you usually suggest running OCCT to be sure of a stable o/c?

Sorry, just a couple of more questions!

When you mentioned that using uncore 14 may require more vdimm, does this mean DRAM voltage? I noticed you suggested upping the DRAM voltage to 1.55-1.6 (from the recommended 1.500v).. Is this safe?

So it sounds like to get little more o/c I will mainly be looking at tweaking:
    CPU Vcore
    QPI/VTT
    IOH Core
    ICH Core
    & DRAM voltage a tad

Exciting stuff! I've been so pleased with the system since I built it & haven't had a system that feels quite so snappy & responsive. I've also pre-ordered Win 7 so looking forward to installing that as by all accounts its an improvemnt over Vista.

Next on the list is an SSD I reckon!

Ahh, if you got 3.8 then 4Ghz should be a breeze once you decide to jump to it.

I do not use OCCT myself, but I think most users do a normal pass. Isn't it setup by default to a certain amount of time?

Yes, more uncore "Can" mean more Vdimm (Or QPI/Vtt/IOH), not always. And yes that is Dram voltage, sorry.

Yeap, your thoughts sound about right. ICH is not that often a big deal, you can normally leave it in auto or set it to a bit above if you like and not worry about it anymore

Glad to see you are finally enjoying your new setup! Just went to SSD myself this past few weeks, it is nice!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information