Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ex58 UD4P - Azalia audio not detected

Default ex58 UD4P - Azalia audio not detected

Hi Guys, after a lot of reading, i decided to post.
    Fact:
    Azalia is enabled is BIOS
    "Multimidia device" do not show in POST

Problem:
    I just receive my GB , installed and it worked ok. But i noticed the audio was not installed. Restarted the PC and it got recognized. But after a sleep it disappear, windows did not recognize any audio device. I was using F8 bios, update to f10h , and it got recognized, but in the next boot, it vanished again.
    tried F10d, F8 again,. back to f10h. I restart 20 times and it seems that it don't recognize anymore. All the time i tested without the overclock. Disable Fireware, lan, USB 2.0 controller, and nothing.
    CHeck for a shor-circuit below the MB , but cant find nothing.

Additional :
    Its NOT a Windows Problem : "Multimedia device" did not show in POST screen. Its impossible to Windows recognize since even the Motherboard detect the audio device.
    2 people have this problem and no solution was provided:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-ex58-ud4p-sound-bios-problem-35057/
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45-ds3l-multimedia-device-irq-cannot-seen-34198/

I am open to suggenstions.

My Rig:
    Win 7
    i920 @ 3.73 - NOctua U12P
    GA EX58 UD4P
    6GB DDR3 1600
    2x gtx 260 SLI
    NZXT Zero case
    OCZ 800W PSU

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ex58 UD4P - Azalia audio not detected

Please clear your CMOS, and use BIOS F9c or F10d please. F10h is meant for internal testing and has some features disabled.

Then please be sure you have the latest Intel Chipset drivers installed >>
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Please clear your CMOS, and use BIOS F9c or F10d please. F10h is meant for internal testing and has some features disabled.

Then please be sure you have the latest Intel Chipset drivers installed >>
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816
    Thanks for the reply Sir.
    Just tried f9c , Have already tried 10d before, No change.
    I have the inf drivers, but is not a Windows problem, since even the post dont show the IRQ associated to the multimedia device.

SInce i live in BRazil, shipping for a RMA is not a option, since i will spent ~60$ shipping to\from US

Although it's possible that it's an IRQ/hardware issue, have you tried using the latest drivers from Realtek? They can be found here: Realtek

Version 2.35 is the one you're after and the download is titled "Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)". Not saying it will solve your problem, but it's worth a go.

Not sure about your board, but for mine, pressing [Ctrl] + [F1] on the main BIOS menu reveals some more advanced IRQ settings as well as PCI latency control etc. Maybe adjusting these settings could help, if the settings are relevant to the HD Audio hardware.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    Although it's possible that it's an IRQ/hardware issue, have you tried using the latest drivers from Realtek? They can be found here: Realtek

Version 2.35 is the one you're after and the download is titled "Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)". Not saying it will solve your problem, but it's worth a go.

Not sure about your board, but for mine, pressing [Ctrl] + [F1] on the main BIOS menu reveals some more advanced IRQ settings as well as PCI latency control etc. Maybe adjusting these settings could help, if the settings are relevant to the HD Audio hardware.
    Thanks for you reply Psycho.
    I didint find a way to show IRQ resourcces in BIOS, my guess is this feature is disable in my MB. tried CRTL + F1 ,tried F2 .... F12 :) too .
    This problem is not a driver issue since windows cant detect a device. so it cant install a driver. THe motherboard dont detect in POST .

Did you load optimized defaults after you flashed? Just checking
    Thanks for the reply LSDmeASAP ( now i understand your nik :)

Every time i tried a new bios, i loaded the optimized values, tried the fail Safe values too.

i was Thinking
    There is a way to raise the voltage of the realtek Chipset ?? maybe a volt mod.

Press Control + F1 On the MAIN page of the BIOS, then go into PnP/PCI Page of the BIOS and you will see all the IRQ Settings, but really you should not have to mess with those.

What all PCI or PCIE devices do you have installed?

Please use ONLY optimized defaults, load them then hit F10 and reboot

No no volt mod for RealTek chip, and it would not be needed anyway as you are not wanting to overclock it :)

Do your speakers work at all? Just wondering if you had tried and installed drivers anyway using /f flag?

Press Control + F1 On the MAIN page of the BIOS, then go into PnP/PCI Page of the BIOS and you will see all the IRQ Settings, but really you should not have to mess with those.

What all PCI or PCIE devices do you have installed?
    When i press CRTL + F1 the cursor reset, but no new features are showed. I referring a review witch says the same. Quoted text from review
    "However it seems for the first time this idiocy is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Either that or the change is so subtle I didn't see it"
    Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 & BIOS - Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | [H]ard|OCP

The only devices are my 2 GTX 260. I tried with only one . but no success.

I tried with fail safe , and Optimized default values . but i am using optimized now.

My speakers are working. All the system worked tree times before, i listened to a music, speak in a voip app. when i put the PC to sleep, he woke without the audio device installed. The device drivers are installed. But they are not loaded cause the Motherboard didint detect the Multimidia device.
    look at this picture, the line in red did not show anymore,
    http://kepfeltoltes.org/kepekn/27758...b223468846.jpg
    if this line dont show , there is no windows fault.

My suggestion about the volt mod maybe was unclear. if someone point me a way i can see if the realtek chipset is receiving appropriate current and voltage (i have a multimeter) , and if not, make a separate circuit to boost the chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information