Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: System Memory Multiplier Question

Default System Memory Multiplier Question

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P MOBO and an E8500 processor overclocked to 4 GHz. Right now my System Memory Multiplier is at 2.66D and my 1066 memory is at 1125. All is fine, there are no problems. But if I raise my CPU Host Frequency and don't lower the multiplier my memory won't like it. In the BIOS I could choose a 2.40A . But what happens with the A vs D?

Default Re: System Memory Multiplier Question

I would say that is probably right. A= 266 MHz B=333 MHz C = 200 MHz D = 400MHz. Also for an easy way to tell just multiply the FSB x the momoty multiplier.

Example: 423 MHz * 2.40 = 1020 Mhz

I don't know what choices yo have to choose from but if you have a 2.40B that is what I would try.
    Last edited by Conners; 10-20-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Here is the situation. My Clock is 9.5 ,my CPU Host Freq.422 =4009 MHz. System Mem. Multiplier 2.66D x 422 = 1122MHz Memory. So if I increase my Host Frequency to 450 I would have to reduce the multiplier to the 2.40A so the memory MHz don't go too high. But what about the A.

Chike is offline Senior Member

There is no 2.40A multiplier. There are 2.50A or 2.40B. A strap multipliers are unlikely to work at FSB400+ but you can try them. Whatever works for you and give the best performance.

You are correct. I should have said B instead of A. Of course I don't need 4.275 MHz but if I go to 450 Host frequency I would have to lower the Mem. Multiplier. Would the 2.40B cause me problems? Would it be worthwhile?

You will probably see increase of memory performance, if it does work for you, but this also depend on tRD(Static tRead Value) settings.

If I do up my CPU Host to 450 and set the System Memory Multiplier to 2.40B my CPU will be at 4.275 and my memory will be at 1080. Right now at 4.009 I have no problems and running OCCT the max. CPU temp was 45c. By the way the Static tRead settings are on AUTO.

Auto won't give good performance. Ignore it though until you done OCing the CPU.

Well Chike I tried the settings but it didn't like it. It shut down, so I set it back the way it was. 4GHZ is fast enough.

You can't expect that by just changing multiplier and increasing FSB you'll get it to work.
    Try with lower CPU ratio, 9 or 8.5 first to see the multiplier does work, then make necessary changing for higher CPU speed.

Not having your full current BIOS settings, there not much more that can be said.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information