Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mem issues with p45 ud3r

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: mem issues with p45 ud3r

is anybody on here really from gigabyte or does it just say that to increase hits?
    You always have the option of using GB's web based tech support, too bad most mobo vendors don't help with overclock questions. Give 'em a try.....
    ....you'll be back here for help real quick.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

i did that as soon as i noticed i had an issue, its now over a week later and they are yet to even open the mail so....:(

im not having a bash at anybody i was just wondering as it says "...are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards..." on the main forum board and in the time i have been here i havent noticed anybody say (in the sig or avitar or anyother way) that they are from gb.

i have also tried ocz and they have told me that the settings look fine but their could be some bios settings that are at work and they dont have a version of my mobo about to test it :( i will say that ocz did give me alot of help when i was clocking their ram tho, helping with timings and such which resulted in a much improved feeling of responsiveness from the system.

its not a overclock issue tho, this is a problem thats there from stock settings. i halted my ocing when i noticed it as i see this as more of a problem than not being able to get stability at a high speed which i most likley will hardly ever use other than for some benchmarking sessions.

@ddr800 the issue is marginally worse than ddr1000, 1:1/ddr667 does give me a tiny improvement but it is only a tiny one. we are only talking a couple of hundred mb/s tho here each way.

Chike is offline Senior Member

maybe there is a problem with the board, not excluding it, but the only way to tell is to test with another pair of memory stick, preferrably different model.brand.

corsair dominator pc6400 cas 4 version 1.2 1gb sticks wouldnt even post, power on and then less than a second later it would reset and try again another second later.

bios was set with correct volts and timings for the sticks, which i have had to do in a few boards before now, not sure what to make of that tbh.

I myself would conclude there's a problem with the board,
    Wait to see what GB support has to say about it.

i have had a sinking feeling for the past couple of day that is what i would have to do too :(

thanks for all your time and help anyway guys :D

does anybody know which bios option is "fine clock delay" in the ud3r?

i have been trawling thru the settings and the only difference i can find is the p35 has these set as 1 and the p45 ihas them set at 10.

guess thats a no then....

so it took some back and forth but i rma'd it, they had it for 4 working days and i got back a fully functioning board :D

thats more like the mem bandwidth i was expectin compared to those on page 1 :D

not bad but i know i can get more with some time and tweaking, only really had 2 or 3 nights to play with it so...

not bad for the timings/speeds but i will do better :D

prime maxxed the temps out around 55c and the volts are still within my comfort zone so....hehehe.

thanks for trying to those who did, you know who you are :)

Quote Originally Posted by marsey99 View Post
    thats more like the mem bandwidth i was expectin compared to those on page 1 :D

not bad but i know i can get more with some time and tweaking, only really had 2 or 3 nights to play with it so...
    Yeah memory performance look somewhat better, not bad tweaking for 3 nights, or 2 weeks LOL

Cheers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information