Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P55-UD4P ethernet ports not working

Default GA-P55-UD4P ethernet ports not working

Windows 7 was the first OS I installed on this freshly built PC so I dont know if its the problem or is this pre-existed.

The 2 ethernet ports on my GA-P55-UD4P arent being seen at all in the device manager nor do I get any sort of response when I plug an ethernet cable into either of them. No lights, no connection. Nothing.Is there an incompatibility issue here with Win7?

I went to Gigabytes site and downloaded the latest LAN drivers but they stop halfway thru the install saying that it cant detect the Realtek Network Controller. Im not sure where to take it from here.

WIndows Update also downloaded a Realtek Lan Driver as well but that didnt do anything.

Under Integrated Peripherals in the BIOS, theres 2 items called "Onboard H/W Lan 1" and "Onboard H/W LAN 2". Both of these are enabled.

Are both ports on my mobo junk or is there something else here Im not seeing? All of the other ports work.

Default Re: GA-P55-UD4P ethernet ports not working

have you tried re-installing the chipset drivers?Also, press F9 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and look to ensure you are seeing MAC Addresses for your LAN ports and have you updated to the latest bios using q-flash?? ifso try flashing with older bios
    Last edited by wazza300; 10-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a similar problem with my EX58-UD4P. I restarted with a CD Boot disk to create a backup, then 30 mins later it booted to no LAN. The LAN just dissapeared and was as though it was never installed on the motherboard! It had been working flawlessly for the past 2 months!

I could see the options in the BIOS, but doing the LAN Cable Test, it just did nothing.

After POST where it lists the interupts for each device, the LAN adapter was not present. In Win7 Ultimate x64 under device manager, NO LAN devices were present.

I tried updating my BIOS from F10d to F10h, tried clearing CMOS, tried loading default & optimised settings...nothing!

Took the PC to work ready to pull the board and thought I'd try one more time...BINGO...works just fine!!

I suspect it may have something to do with that "Green LAN" function in the BIOS where it apparently shutdowns the complete LAN controller to save a miniscule amount of power...I think it went haywire and shut the thing down permanantly. I tried new cables, switch, router, nothing worked other than a trip to work in the car.

I am now worried it will happen again at any random time and I am not sure how it got kickstarted :(

you may go to BIOS to check with "SMART LAN".

Quote Originally Posted by yshuwen521 View Post
    you may go to BIOS to check with "SMART LAN".
    In my case, "SMART LAN" did not work, as the system thought there were no ethernet adapters in the PC!

If there is no MAC addresss of your lan ports, the lan will not work as well.
    so press F9 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and look to ensure you are seeing MAC Addresses for your LAN ports.

you may go back to the store that you bought this motherboard. ask them to check it with you or exchange new board.

With Vista, I have seen Green LAN get stuck if you boot without cables in and then plug in once OS is up. The Physical doesn't turn on. It was intermittent though
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3R | E8500 3.16Ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS 1066 | Sapphire HD4850 675/993 | 2x Hitachi 250GB RAID 0 | Bios F11e | Cooler Master CM690

I'm getting a similar problem with a clean install of Vista from the very first boot.

During the boot, the port with the cable plugged in has its green led on and orange connection led flashing, but just as Vista starts, the port is being shut down - all the leds go out. The other unplugged port remains unlit. Both ports appear in device manager, and I've tried the drivers that came with the mobo install disk, some Jul 09 drivers and the default Vista drivers, all with the same result - no network connection. A Ubuntu boot from a CD just connects to the network & internet no problem, so I doubt hardware/cabling/router could be the issue (but Ubuntu won't see the hard drive!!).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please use drivers direct from Realtek >>
    Realtek

Also be sure you have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed (Second link) >>
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

Thread Information